1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're playing the greatest team in NBA history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 20, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When were we playing the 95 Houston Rockets ?
    @Clutch

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I don't think we should comfort us with this. even for today's blowout loss, we still have a chance if Gordon can box out and our two star not missing those layups, everything took a downturn from there.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

One of the best regular season teams ever maybe.

Blow a 3-1 lead in the finals? Nah. Sorry, but no truly "great" team does that. That's a team with some weakass mental component.

lw17 likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

sure they blew a 3-1 lead - but they also won the championship the other 2 years...
    3 of the top 13 reg seasons ever - culminating in finals appearance each year - and 2 rings - sorry, thats greatness... I'm not saying they are the greatest team ever - cause I'm not... but they a have been a 'great' team - any way you wanna cut it...

lol... cant believe I'm arguing in favor of the 'greatness' of the GSW...lol... as nauseating as it may be - right is right... lol

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ag
    Agree to disagree, despite how wrong you are. :)

6. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

They are basically us plus Kevin Durant. We can still win this series but the odds were always stacked against us with the warriors at full strength playing their guys 37+ minutes, which they almost never did in the regular season

csj likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team would laugh at any of those teams.

Whatever your definition of "great" is, they are the best team of not just this generation but any generation - and if that's not "great" than I don't know what the heck is. Yes, they are olympic sprinters running in a high school meet. It's just not fair.

I find it laughable that people have trouble understanding that this team dismissed a HISTORICALLY good Cavs team packed with talent - with Lebron, Kyrie, and many many good role players in FIVE games.

The 2000 heart couldn't beat this team. Nor could any Spurs team. Nor Lakers, Nor Bulls Nor Celtics.

13 in 33 likes this.
  8. Badrose

Badrose Member

LOL at the greatest team in NBA history. It's good to see the overall knowledge of basketball, the real basketball and not that strange catch and shoot game they play today. This usually happens when you are young and just watch old Bball highlights on youtube for about 3 minutes.

lw17 and topfive like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

And I find it laughable that anyone is willing to call any team with a few great players "the best team of all time!"

No best-team-ever would blow a 3-1 lead in the finals with home court advantage. Simple as that. They've won 2 tiles in 3 years. The Rockets won 2 titles in 2 years. Best regular season record ever? So what? Titles aren't won during the regular season.

lw17, DavidRocket and D-rock like this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

idk about that... but Rodman vs Draymond woulda been fun to see... lol
    Rodman - Draymond
    Pippen - KD
    Kukoc - Iggy
    MJ - Klay
    Kerr/Harper - Curry
    ...that woulda been a helluva series...lol

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Rodman is a real tough guy not a fake one

lw17, DavidRocket and kjayp like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They haven't lost a series with Durant. They haven't lost more than a game with Durant.

I'm talking about this team the past two years by the way.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Draymond wouldn’t go to North Korea

Weak

DavidRocket and Mazulis like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

And I'm saying 2 years and only 1title does not qualify them as the greatest team ever.

lw17 likes this.
  15. davee

davee Member

we have a lot of talent and frustrating thing is we are underperforming

no way we should lose by 40....

Harden needs to be a leader and start playing some D

I think next game will be a lot more competitive

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It still blows my mind that Golden State was able to go out and sign their primary rival's star player.

It would be like Jordan signing with the Pistons in 1990 or LeBron going to the Celtics in 2011.

Yeah, you'll get a bunch of rings, but nobody respects you or your accomplishments, so it's totally hollow.

Where was Stern with a "basketball reasons" veto when you need him?

lw17, DavidRocket and tinman like this.
  17. smp

smp Member

1999-2000 Lakers. Starters: Kobe Bryant, Ron Harper,Shaquille O'Neal, Glen Rice, A.C. Green. Bench: Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Devean George, Travis Knight, John Salley.

Shaq and Kobe were MVP'S playing together in their primes. That combo alone kills anything GS could ever dream of throwing at them. Shaq would own the paint and Kobe would own the perimeter. Add in harper, rice, green, horry, and Fisher and the Lakers take it without a doubt.

There have been a lot of loaded teams through the years. GS does have one now, but that will cprobably change in a couple of years due to ego, money, or injury. It's just how it goes. For now though, i agree that GS is the favorite. Great team? Yes. Best team ever? No way.

Louka, DavidRocket and kjayp like this.
  18. AkeemTheDreem86

I actually find them to be beatable in several ways. If we could only play with a semblance of urgency I believe we could take them.

Yet here we are, in May, again, talking about effort and leadership, again, and again.

Their advantage over us begins and ends between the ears.

lw17, DavidRocket and kjayp like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Magic >>> Steph
    Kareem >>> Durant
    Jamaal Wilkes = All-Star
    Norm Nixon = All-Star
    James Worthy = All-Star

(Not to mention studly Michael Cooper and Bob McAdoo)

lw17 and DavidRocket like this.
  20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

KD got there in free agency NOT in a trade so there is that....dont think even the grand poobah of assholes Mr Stern could pull that one off.

DavidRocket likes this.