1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, this look like crap - [Dragon Ball Movie Trailer]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wizkid83, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked watching Dragon Ball Z as a kid. Dragon Ball was more quirky than mindless action, so it didn't work for me.

I don't think this movie will please anyone.

/understatment

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i'm one of the few asians that was never really into anima, dunno why

but...

i'd actually throw down to watch this movie, masterpiece? naw, but just on a fun flick to entertain me for a few hours

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Say what you will about Speed Racer, but I think the only way that a live action Dragon Ball could have been any good was to make it in the same style as that film.

This looks pretty boring.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This is gonna flop so badly...

and can Hollywood stop remaking Asian ****.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

you know I'm equally tolerant of the "pure mindless entertainment" approach directed at "flicks" making.. such as AVP and Mortal Kombat...

but this just.. looks unforgiveably ridiculous..

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I am also one of the few asians who weren't into anima. But I can't help not to watch this. just to make comparisons to the cartoon.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

NOOOO They ruined it.

I miss watching Dragon Ball Z.

I was born with this song.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/guUewr85ByU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/guUewr85ByU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#27 WhoMikeJames, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

God that looks terrible. I hope M. Knight Shyamalan doesn't do anything like that with his live action version of "Avatar."

Though I guess comparing "Dragonball" to "Avatar" is like comparing "Daredevil" to "The Dark Knight," but still, it's really hit and miss when they make live action versions of cartoons and games. I still remember Double Dragon, The Flintstones, and Street Fighter....

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Interesting the only character I recognized was Piccolo.. and that's because he's GREEN.

r****ded movie. butchering a classic comic book series(I was a fan of the comics, not cartoon aka dragonball z). The Dragonball video games on SNES were pretty cool too!

Vegeta was my favorite.

10. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

So it's going to be a movie about two guys powering up, screaming and sometimes having dialogue for about 2 hours? Because that's what the anime did....:)

But seriously it looks like a crap movie.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Where is Krillin?!?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Fox should make the Pokemon movie starring Jim Carrey

13. dback816

dback816 Member

But ... but.....it has priests fighting ninjas in a church! (or so i've read...)

14. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

This looks awesome!!! Thanks for posting.

15. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

Next, Fox is going to make Naruto. lol

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

is my sarcasm meter broken? :confused:

17. Apps

Apps Member

Why is Goku a white dude?

The fighting in Dragonball Z was what made it stand out so much (the whole standing around for half an episode thing), and it doesn't seem like this movie is trying to stick with that at all..... just blind action, and it just looks so blatantly fake. This looks like a really really high budget B-movie.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Bruce Campbell, No "B-movie".........

#38 RudyTBag, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  19. Christopher

Christopher Member

They need to make a Gummy Bears movie.....like.....yesterday!

20. superden

superden Contributing Member

WOW...i thought I was watching one of those fake trailers...like the tetris movie

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=202562"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=202562" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>