1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well it finally happened... Misfits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, May 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Glenn Danzig Reunites With the Misfits

[​IMG]

Glenn Danzig hasn't been a member of the Misfits since their initial breakup in 1983. After a legal battle, bassist Jerry Only gained the rights to record and tour under the Misfits name starting in the 1990s, and Danzig went on to find success with his eponymous band Danzig.

Misfits and Danzig have been active, separately, for years now. It hasn't been a particularly amicable divide, either—the two sides have sued each other multiple times. Now, in a reunion that's arguably more unexpected than Axl Rose getting back together with Slash, Danzig has rejoined the Misfits.

He'll share the stage with Jerry Only and long-time guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein, billed as "the Original Misfits," for the first time since 1983. (Doyle has performed with both Danzig and the Misfits following the band's 1983 breakup.) So yeah, that's three-quarters of the lineup from the band's iconic 1982 album Walk Among Us.

link

2. KingCheetah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F39UP1mjAnc?list=RDWhWarlEMvS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thought this was about the BBC show. Was hoping the entire original cast had returned.

Alisha, Simon, Nathan, Kelly and Curtis ftw

4. dmoneybangbang

This. The original was probably the best show ever.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I'd be more excited about a Danzig/Shakira tour.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll say that seasons 1 and 2 were great. After Nathan left, it was meh (for me.)

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd say the same. I think I watched a bit after he left, but it just wasn't the same.

9. KingCheetah

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lTCvndUJU9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KFic4a77DSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River
    LOL

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Seen most of the iterations of Misfits and it's cool but meh. Jerry Only's version is awful without Graves but this reunion basically happened with Doyle and Danzig playing for the last couple of years certain shows. Saw them once at FFF fest which was a disaster, and then once again in Houston at Warehouse Live. One of the best shows and the whole night I kept making the gun to the head motion hoping he would would do Bullet. At one point he asks the crowd what they want to hear and sees me. Next thing I know they do Bullet. Best Damn night. Maybe be cool if they do a Texas show but I would not be surprised if something goes wrong at these shows.

Here's the story for Danzig and Doyle at FFF fest
    http://www.metalinjection.net/show-recap/danzig-fun-fun-fun-fest