1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, At Least Morey Tried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaselineFade, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Fact- we suck

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Assuming that the incoming assistant GM would be groomed by Morey, wouldn't that just continue the issue at hand which is a team constructed based on Morey's use of statistics to drive on-court performance?

If you're going to kick Morey out then you better find some up and comer from another well-ran org like Boston or San Antonio. No point in bringing in someone to be groomed.

Reeko and roslolian like this.
  3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Oh let’s see.
    • Never had a losing season
    • Lost two superstars in their prime. No other GM has lost more than one
    • Has a owner who wouldn’t let him tank but still was competitive
    • Who have had a chip last year with a healthy CP3
    • Constantly making moves, never stagnant.
    I can keep going.

IvanLCPM and rockets13champs like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Let me know when you get to championship.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is the one who brought in Harden in the first place FYI. If he wasn't there Harden wouldn't be here for him to "fail".

6. steddinotayto

They might want Hinkie or Billy King or Dell Demps or who knows? All I know is that if Morey gets canned this offseason whoever is brought in as GM better have some radical and innovative strategies that can satisfy the masses around here. I mean...that's a pretty easy task right? Make trades here, sign players there,...how hard can it be?

HP3 and BaselineFade like this.
  7. steddinotayto

Lol because it's pretty easy to win a championship every year.

HP3 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Forget man, these morons try to find a scapegoat every time when in reality, we just dont have enough size and defense...thats pretty much all it is, are defense is trash and we are losing games.

9. steddinotayto

I actually would like to know how easy it is to win a championship. People have every right to be critical but that doesn't mean they need to step outside of reality to do so.

HP3 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People have personalities and use different methods and I dun think Morey turned out to be another Caroll Dawson. He embarked on another path.

I guess we could go back to the eye test approach aided by some statistics.

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've read enough from you. You stink! :p

roslolian likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Can you guarantee the guy you replace Morey with is gonna bring a championship?

This is such a dumb argument I looked at the stats since 2000, 18 years ago, only 6 active FOs have won a championship. If you can get 1 of those 6 ok then fire Morey. If not then stfu some random dude off the street isnt gonna do better than Morey wtf.

13. steddinotayto

Right but if people are going to criticize Morey and want him out why give him the opportunity to groom his successor? That makes little sense to me. Is it to learn the daily operations? Because if it is there are a bunch of people within a basketball organization that can surely train or help an incoming GM on that.

Point is if we want to break away from Morey let's start over with a completely blank slate. That way we can see whether or not Morey was truly overrated or underrated when the dust settles.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The only thing Morey tried to do was piss us off. From the looks of it, he succeeded.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Morey is already from Boston and "their culture" not sure why some random up-and-comer is gonna be better than him.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GMs have to be standing on their own anyway.

I guess ppl have some fixed notion on how that was going about. I doubt it is a master - padawan relationship.

Probably should have worded it more precisely.

For example the elder assistant coach Bzdelik isn't really learning from Mike, he is responsible for most of our Defense. There is a specific worksharing.

I am sure the new guy has his own model and Morey would be just supervising some of it. I dun know if he would be willing to do it.

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

Then surely the majority of posters in this thread who want him out have someone better in mind to be GM? I mean who would want a GM fired but not have a successor already in mind? Unless these posters really think they themselves should be GM?

roslolian likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

Just fired Morey and bring in someone new. That doesn't mean someone without experience but just someone who's had front office experience but never been a GM before. Hell we could go with the recent trend and hire an agent to be GM.

Rich Paul, 2019-2020 Houston Rockets GM

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure they will let go of D'Antoni before they consider a swap in the manager department.

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

For all those blaming Morey we were a **** team before he landed Harden for peanuts, then signed Dwight even though that failed, but he redeemed himself and traded for CP3. The man has done all he can but I believe the issues lie with ownership not management.

HP3 likes this.