1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Weight/muscle gaining tips

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketKid, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

No problem. Glad to help.

The 'feeling' ought to last a good day. If you're balanced, and you don't feel like you've lifted, then it is definitely time for a bit more weight, but you already know that.

Some final advice when working out:
    Pay attention to your body. You should know whether you can handle more or not. The last, straining lift is usually the best lift of all; but it can be dangerous when lifting alone. Don't get cocky, or you'll get yourself into trouble.

Someone mentioned Men's Health as a good magazine. Its an excellent magazine. The workout suggestions I've read in there are generally for a good, over-all workout you can do at home and/or by yourself, but there are also articles concentrating on your 'showoff muscles,' i.e. your arms, abs, and pecs. There are also alot of articles on dieting (if you're 17 and skinny, you DON"T need to diet) and eating right. Like I said, you shouldn't need to diet, but eating right is always good.

This thread is actually motivating me. WooHoo!

2. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Lol glad this is actually motivating someone else other than me.

So now I DONT have to diet? I've been eating fish and chicken and all sorts of meats this past week. Actually, I really don't think dieting will affect me, as long as I eat SOMETHING and as long as I eat ALOT of it, because I am just so ridiculously skinny, it's not even funny. And i'm not exaggerating. At all. My body needs all the food it can get.

BTW, I read something today about high-calorie diets and how it will help with mass. Maybe I should start with pasta, rice, soda, etc?

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yes you should. If you are as skinny as you say you are, EAT BOY!

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

I wish I could eat as much as I say I should, but sometimes, I'm just not hungry. And I can't even force myself to eat, the food just won't go down. HAHA man that's sounds like a freakin anorexic girl talkin to a doctor. Anways, I have never had a consistent diet in the past, and I guess my body got used to having like 2 meals a day.

And now, it is time to discuss the inevitable topic: should I be taking dumps everyday? My parents say I should be, but I think that's a bunch of crap. Any .... uhh....words of wisdom on this? :D

5. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

A little off-topic... but, YES

6. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Maaaan. So I guess I'm REALLY not eating enough then, cuz I am faaaaar from droppin bombs everyday.

7. Lynus302

I meant that you need to eat right, not diet.

Sorry, its just an issue of symantics, I think. I meant that you don't need to 'diet' in the sense that fat people need to diet to lose weight. But you should have a healthy 'diet,' as in what you eat. So you should diet in one sense, but not in the other. err.....does that make sense? The whole thing on maintaining a healthy diet when exercising is that exercise depletes your body of essential vitamins and minerals. A healthy diet provides your body with a good fuel base, which is what you want when you're working out.

And yes, you should be 'dropping bombs' every day. Regularity is all part of that healthy diet we keep talking about. Make sure you're eating lots of fruits and veggies to go with the fish and chicken.

8. Lynus302