1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Week 6 Power rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Dec 8, 2014.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-power-rankings--warriors-rolling-154903562.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yahoo up first:

Espn next (no rank yet -- just the analysis)

USA Today:
    <object id="flashObj" width="640" height="390" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isSlim=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=3929291503001&playerID=2207682275001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABvaL8JE~,ufBHq_I6Fnwgpz2JFHz_Jerf-MHxK_Ad&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isSlim=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=3929291503001&playerID=2207682275001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABvaL8JE~,ufBHq_I6Fnwgpz2JFHz_Jerf-MHxK_Ad&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="640" height="390" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

2. fwood_rockets

fwood_rockets Member

Beat the Grizz yet behind them in the rankings? Whatever. Its not like power rankings are important.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Memphis has had the toughest schedule in the league BY FAR over the last ten and are 7-3 against that sched with an average margin of +8.7. The Rockets, injuries notwithstanding, have a point differential of +0.2 over the last ten (against the ninth toughest schedule). One game does not a rankings make. Memphis is really damn good right now.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Memphis has had the toughest schedule so far and they've beaten us pretty soundly in the 1st meeting.

5. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

5. Houston Rockets (Record: 16-4; last week’s rank: 7). One sign that Dwight Howard (knee) could return soon: he took part in an intense workout Sunday, a source said.

Questioning this...Coach said the players had the day off Sunday after that back to back.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dwight and the rest of the guys were up at the TC yesterday for the STH holiday party... possible that he chose to work out, I suppose. All of them were in warmups, save for Joey Dorsey.

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Good on the Sixers for moving out of the cellar with two wins.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The way Yoda talks is just mocking Okinawa talk. He's basically the Mr Miyagi of Star Wars.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

11. Progs

Progs Member

Dear Lawd! The love and passes the Mavs get are ridiculous.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats just a bit too much... I like it though. Chip on our shoulders.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Me neither. They are awful defensively and Dirk has been bad lately.

Lost vs the Rockets with a depleted roster.
    Lost vs the PACERS (LMAO)
    Struggled to beat the KNICKS (LOL)
    Struggled to beat the Bucks (just lol)

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lost to phoenix

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm glad the rockets aren't getting any shine. Big game on Wednesday.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I strongly believe we are ahead of Mavs in every possible imaginable way, but to be fair, we also:

- Struggled against the Sixers
    - Struggled against a very depleted OKC
    - LOST against the Lakers (what a ****ty game...)
    - Blown out by the Clippers
    - Struggled against the Timberwolves

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I personally am fine with being shunned by the rankers. Every time we are at the top its like a hex is put on us and the Rockets have a horrible week.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My favorite part of the yahoo rankings is how they made sure to mention the loss of David Lee and Tiago Splitter on the Warriors and Spurs respectively, but when they get to Houston they don't mention our boys have been doing it without 3 out of 5 of their starters for much of the season.

And I understand the Grizzlies have had a tougher schedule, but the Trailblazers are #2 and have had a considerably easier schedule and NO injuries.

But whatever. Keep hating. I think it fuels the Rockets.

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What I took away from this was Howard's workout.

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Dwight was in a intense workout?..that's good news