1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Week 2 of NFL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by R0ckets03, Sep 24, 2001.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yeah Yeah my Boys lost....

Other interesting tidbits:

Detmer has SEVEN INTS!!!!!

Vikings SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Chargers are 2-0 :confused:

Fans in Seattle were calling for Dilfer!!!!! :eek:

Frisco SUCKS!!!!!!! :D

Bengals, I repeat the BENGALS beat the Ravens! :eek:

What were your favourite moments this Sunday?

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Tony Dorsett's son finally scoring a TD .

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Jay Fiedler kicking the Raiders' ass by himself, and almost helping them win by himself.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jay Feidler blowing by ex teammate Trace Armstrong for the winning TD , That hurt like a b****

5. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Who were you guys able to pick up off the waiver wire?

I was able to grab James Thrash who I had originally drafted. I waived him after Week 1, and to my surprise he was there yesterday when I went looking for him. I guess 165 yards receiving and 2 TDs isn't enough evidence that he will be a good fantasy producer. I really didn't deserve to get him again since I gave up on him after Week 1, but I guess the fantasy football gods are looking down on me. I was also able to grab Marty Booker. He is looking more impressive and looks to be Chicago's #1 receiver. I was able to grab Johnnie Morton last week and he contined to amaze in Week 2. I can't complain.

Who were you able to grab?

6. countingcrow

Did any of you guys see how huge David Boston was last night against Denver? And no I am not talking about his stats. He looked like Shannon Sharpe out there. The guy must be on steroids or he is kicking ass in the weight room because he no longer looks like a typical WR. He could be mistaken for a damn TE!

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Some guy already snagged Olandis Gary and James Jackson , I got Tony Martin for Atlanta , He is going to be the leading WR there and unloaded Eddie Kennison . I might do a deal , Culpepper + Ahman Green for Gannon + Faulk

8. countingcrow

That seems like a pretty even trade. I do believe Culpepper will revert back to his 2000 form, but when? Ahman Green is a huge weapon. Gannon is dependable and a viable starter. Faulk is Faulk, plain and simple. The trade IMO is a throw-up. I just don't know if I quite agree with your decision to cut Kennison in favor of Martin. Kennison will have a better year IMO. But I could be wrong, as I have been on every decision I have made so far this season, lol! :)

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

In my fantasy football league, I have had nothing from Randy Moss so far. However, I drafted Chris Weinke on a whim and I started him yesterday and he did well -- way better than my other starting QB, Vincenzo Testaverde. I am so fortunate to have Rod Smith and the Eagles defense, as they both came up huge. Here's a guy for you-all to consider picking up--Stacey Mack of Jacksonville. I picked him up after week 1 on the hunch that Fred Taylor would get hurt. I don't think that FT will be back until Oct 14.