1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 18] Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2012.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Steelers DEF got TEBOWNED! :cool:

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Worst day in Falcons history. I will be wearing all black

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Mad is not even the word.

Well guess I should have seen this coming. Our offense is so overhyped. Funny thing is when outsiders discuss the Falcons they bring up the defense being a problem when really it is all on the offense.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Predictable offense and overrated QB.

5. ubigred

[​IMG]

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I don't think Ryan is overrated, he just had a down year.

I know I'm being captain obvious here but the problem with ATL is that when their offense doesen't produce out of the gate, their defense isn't good enough to keep them in the game. So out of nowhere they're down by 14 or 21 and they fold trying to comeback.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Steelers really got outcoached. Their O-Line was killing Denver's front immediately, with Redman gashing them at will (7 ypc). But Roethlisberger always seems to have a Favre-like command of the playcalling and is determined to throw it 40 times despite his bad ankle and a Denver D that loves to rush (5 sacks, one INT). It's insane that they only gave Redman the ball 15 times.

And then on the flipside, they were so concerned about Tebow running that they allowed him to nail the deep ball over and over. 316 yards off only 10 completions? Somebody's got to stop dedicating both safeties to the run every down. Ike Taylor got ABUSED.

Steelers may be in trouble as we go forward. They looked really old and spent this year, aside from the receivers.

And Denver has to like that they're facing the Pats and not the Ravens next round. No D and no run game? They got killed last time, but this is a better matchup for their weakspots. Of course, Brady's west coast on red bull passing attack murdered them in Denver.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

So baller & Shaud are on suicide watch.

9. ubigred

I guess God doesn't like rapists. He sent Tebow to rebuke thee!

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I really want to hear what Ike Taylor has to say, whenever he decides to talk.

Just one question for him: What happened?

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He got beat inside by a step. The real question is what the heck were the Steelers (and LeBeau) thinking not putting safety help there. I know they ran that same formation throughout the game, and ran it something like 23 of 24 times, but I'd rather give up a 6 yard run than an 80 yard touchdown pass. Just a failure all around by Steel City.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who was repeatedly burned by Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas in Sunday night’s loss, has offered an apology.

Taylor wrote on Twitter after the game that he was sorry for the way he had played.

“First off congrats too tebow and the broncos,” Taylor wrote. “Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y’all to def.”

A frustrated Taylor reportedly damaged his locker in the visitors’ locker room at Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium after the game. He did not speak to the media.[/rquoter]

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

He's not the smartest light in the cookie.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nah you can't blame the defense. Yesterday the defense played very good in the 1st half. The playoff failures 2 out of the last 3 years goes straight to our overhyped offense.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wearing all black