1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 18] Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2012.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They could root for either NY team. They are just about the same distance if not closer to NYC than they are from Foxborough.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The patriots are gonna rape the Broncos nasty. Like think of the nastiest way someone can get raped. That's how bad they're gonna get raped.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was thinking the same thing. Eisen was simple stating the obvious; Tebow and Denver seem to end games in Miraculous fashion. Primetime wouldn't have it or agree to it.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What's with the immaturity? Is it not painfully obvious that ESPN over-fixates on random players to the detriment of every other player, team and sport?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nah... Meadowlands are further away.

The rest of the "New England" states root for mostly the Boston teams... Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Tom Brady is the happiest man on the planet today.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

No. The Broncos. It's only fair. You do have faith in them don't you?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

only very special people can pull off a fedora; Big Ben isn't one of them.

signed Arian Foster.

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You're off base there. I'm from CT. My family lives in Darien, New Caanan, New Haven, and Waterbury. The majority of CTer's who live south of Hartford (otherwise known as commuters to NYC) root for the New York Giants. They bleed Big Blue. The Tri-State area includes CT for a reason.

Bristol is closer to the Meadowlands than Foxboro. Bristol is significantly closer to NYC.

You may see their baseball support lean towards Boston a bit because so many of them went to University in Beantown, but when it comes to the NY commuter area, these guys want Eli Manning in the Super Bowl.

Now if you're talking Jets vs. Pats...of course people in CT would rather have the Pats win. We hate the ****ing Jets. (I believe the networks do the cutoff for Jets/Pats games at New Haven)

10. Mr. Space City

yeah but the patriots are a monster a home and brady aint on a bum ankle

should be interesting.

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Gotta love Big Ben's Press Conference Hat

[​IMG]

lol

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All the CT people I've met that don't root for the Jets root for the Pats out of the AFC. I'm separating the commuters who obviously would root for the Giants.

Regardless, ESPN has had a history of showcasing the Pats more than most teams... now they have to balance that and Tebow.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This is accurate. I've spent a fair amount of time working in Stamford, CT, and that's NY Giants country. It's much closer to NYC than Boston

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Actually no, I didn't say the same thing about the steelers last week. I never made a prediction. But if you think the Patriots at home are gonna lose to the Broncos then have fun with that.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Stamford is much further SW than Bristol.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The new rules make it even more complicated. They're better, sure. But I'd rather see both offense and defense given a chance to play regardless of when the other teams score or how many points.

-Not that the old way was complicated...just that the new rules are to a degree. You could tell the official was really having to work through his explanation of overtime!

#196 JunkyardDwg, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

in this day and age, holding teams to a field goal might be considered a reasonable defensive stand, they didn't want games ending like that

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Games gotta end some time.

The Steelers didn't deserve to win that game... they got beat with their "better" unit on the field facing the other team's "worse" unit, and they lost in specatcular fashion.

The new rules were speculated to cause teams to possibly defer receiving the kickoff and attempt to play the field position game, since they knew a FG alone wouldn't be enough on the first possesion.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously
    Two of my least favorite teams lost
    The bungles and the steelers

Texans and Tebow win!

TnT!!
    LOL

Rocket River

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

And Bristol is closer to the Meadowlands than Gillette Stadium. By eight thrilling miles.

Lets put it this way...if the Giants and the Pats are both on Fox at the same time in Hartford, WTIC Fox 61 will air the Giants.

As far as "ESPN bias", well....I just think they go with winners and hype, and appeal to the larger TV markets that bring in the most money. Its a business.