1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 1] College Football Rankings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by D-Lite, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Looking at rankings and you notice half of the teams in the top 10 will be out of the race soon.

1) USC vs Ohio State - 9/12/2009
    2) USC vs CAL 10/3/2009
    2) Alabama vs Ole Miss - 10/10/2009
    3) Texas vs OSU 10/31/2009
    4) Ohio State vs Penn State 11/7/2009

Honestly after all is said and done, I think 4 teams will be left as legit contenders; Florida, Texas, USC and Alabama. Everyone else is either one notch below or simply will be eliminate from the top 10. Now a few teams that could take a huge leap with the fall of many of these teams. One of them is my darkhorse pick for this year, Miami who has a brutal schedule with #15 Georgia Tech next week then #14 VT the week after and still has OU on their non-conference schedule. If Hurricanes pull some wins like they did last night then you are looking at a BCS party crasher. Overall I still think its going to be a Texas-Florida national championship game.

2. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

USC has a legit chance to go undefeated and get snubbed out of the NC game if both Florida and Texas go undefeated. I really hope that won't happen or I'll never hear the end of it from my USC colleagues because I'm a Texas alum.

It can really get interesting down the road.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I really hope that WOULD happen so I can come by and LAUGH at your USC colleagues

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would rather see Fla/Texas than a freshman QB throw 5 picks, its okay though that same freshman will throw 5 picks in another bowl and your colleagues wont have an argument. Doesn't matter, Texas and USC will drop at least 1 game each.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Notre Dame should be higher. Prolly around 10.

7. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Do you know why they didn't get any first place votes? That seems odd to me.

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

UH will crack the top 25 soon.. after they beat OK state and texas tech.. real talk

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

So the smack talks begins ...........
    ;)

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Thanks for the repz yo! :D

.....but you guys have to go through Stillwater first ;) , and that won't be easy because our defense looks like its finally starting to play up to its recruiting potential

11. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I really hope this is the season that the BCS implodes upon itself. There is a realistic shot that Florida/Alabama, Texas, USC, Penn St., Boise and BYU all go undefeated. Add to that a potential 1-loss Notre Dame, plus auto-bids for the Big East and ACC, and could have one big BCS blowout arguing over both the title game and the bowl slots.

12. Microfridge

The thing is, BCS implodes on itself EVERY season, except 2005. Auburn was snubbed, LSU lost two games and still got a shot and won it, Texas was snubbed last year, etc etc. I would actually love to see 6 teams go undefeated and maybe this would be the final straw :)

13. Microfridge

Yeah, actually, if Texas goes to NC instead of USC I wouldn't feel too bad either. You are welcome to come by and we can both laugh :D

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Miami should be (and will be higher). Oh my, the Coogs have a change to do something really, really special and vault their program into the big leagues. Can they, could they, might they just beat OSU on the Cowboys home turf????!!! Probably not, BUT if they do, they break into the big time. A good showing and a win over TT might do it.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Damn right. That would be something! I cant wait to go to that game against Tech Sept 26. Its going to be a crazy place that night!

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People hate them for no reason and let their bias get in the way of an honest assessment.

Lou Holts predicted they would win the whole thing. They should at least get a couple first place votes. Or give them at least 1.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

18. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I was just kidding. ND sucks.