1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wedding Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by franchise403, Mar 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

So my fiance and I are planning on getting married later this year, when I don't exactly know, anyhow... A couple of days ago she just starts freakin out about me not being involved enough and "Do I know how hard it is to plan a wedding?!" She even complained that I care more about CF.net and the Rox then about our wedding ;). It really came out of left field to me as most things from women due but I thought that I was doing a pretty good job of calling caterers and venues and looking for my tux and so on....

I think that she was really having a bad day but I still wanted to incorporate my favorite place (Cf.net) with some much needed wedding advice. So this question is for everyone really who can lend a helping hand. As a guy what can I do to ease the stress about our upcoming wedding? Pretty much every idea that I have she's like "good try...." Whats expected of me? What can I do to "wow" her? I just need help! I know that I wasn't doing as much research as her but I thought that I was doing alot more than most guys.

2. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

build her a cake.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

:D

Like the Wind!

;) :D

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Plan the honeymoon.

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Do what my wife and I did.

Step 1: Set a date.

Step 2: Go to Barnes and Noble. Buy a wedding planner notebook (make sure it has a timeline/checklist).

Step 3: Follow timeline/checklist within budget.

Also: When registering for gifts at Target, don't give her the control of the "gun."

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I hope my wife never makes me choose between her and clutchfans...

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You've been planning this wedding for a few months, she's been planning it nearly her whole life...

okay, now it's time to run.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Act like you're interested. You will have no say in anything that really matters, but the fact that you're there with her when she picks out everything will mean the world to her.

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Picking the place and setting an actual date is the most important step. Things will fall into place after that. I think you need a year to plan without freaking out. DONT RUSH IT.

11. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to be sure to plan everything around the Playoffs should the Rox keep winning. It really is the least she can do to compromise in that one area. Maybe set it during baseball or football season. ;)

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Totally.

Let's explain it in terms we can understand...

For many women, her wedding is like courtside seats to game 7 of the championship and the game is guaranteed to go into triple overtime and go down in history as one of the greatest games of all time and your team wins at the buzzer on a miracle shot. You are then grabbed by the players and brought up onto the stand with them when they get the trophy and they call you the team's greatest fan.

Now, do you get it? :D

13. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I forgot about the Rox and the playoffs!!! I feel the same way about the date and venue but its kind of hard convincing my fiance that after those two things are set everything will be alot easier.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

STEP 1 - Tell her you'll take care of hiring the band for the reception.

STEP 2 - Email me through the board. ;)

15. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

I am straight-forward to a \fault & had explained to her how little the "event" mattered to me. (we had been living together for 3yrs).BIG MISTAKE!

"You don't care!"

"You're selfish!"

Blah, blah, blah!

I now live alone w/my Dogue de Bordeaux, Ugo. He doesn't talk back, is always happy to see me, does not mind p*rn............Yada yada yada...... i haven't been happier!

Run Forrest! Run!

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Uh, ya think telling your fiance that your wedding matters little to you was a mistake? Really?

How could that be? And you are telling him to run?

I just find that funny.

:D

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

accept that the plannign process will be very difficult, she will be an emotional wreck, and there will be crying and fighting. then just try to make it through. particularly tough if her mom is nuts.

fact - your input is meaningless and will be overriden.
    fact - you are required to have input, suggestions and comments, nonetheless.
    fact - she will be mad at you no matter what.

the best you can do is to try to be nice.

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I'm glad my wife wasn't like that at all. She wan't really into "my special day" thing etc. We just wanted to throw a good party. It was more about our freinds and family then it was about us.

19. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Watch Trailer Park Boys and then call Julian.

20. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Yes, i sound like the idiot that i suppose i am. What ever happened to honesty?

This was the longest & best relationship i'd ever been in. From day 1, there were never ANY misrepresentations about who either of us were. Being married to her mattered immensely. The wedding event itself........ bah! Seemed to me like a solid distinction she failed to grasp. To her my commitment to the event itself was equated to my commitment to the relationship. Sheesh!

If u thought that was funny...... She is my business partner & best friend's sister!