1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We waited all season for the offseason for this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2023.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Mods can delete this thread if appropriate but as Rockets fans we endured a lot of losing basketball and sacrificing wins for draft lottery odds and capspace just to go out and max mid players like FVV or Brook Lopez? I get that our draft results so far are good with Jalen Sengun Tari Bari Cam Amen etc but FA and trades were something the front office kept saying was one of the main avenues to improve this team I fail to realize this tbh

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I be lookin forward to death more then the Rockets these days what you talking bout breh

#2 ThatBoyNick, Jun 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    B-Bob and Ankara1923 like this.
  3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think this is pretty much what everybody expected. And to get one step ahead of the next thread - no, I don't expect them to win a championship this year, either.

(now watch them do the unthinkable...)

napalm06, Xerobull, DVauthrin and 7 others like this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

FVV is literally the best free agent so that would kinda be a success. Also the free agency class was known for years. This is the best it could've been. What did you expect?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The trend of complaining about things before anything even happens, BEFORE IT IS EVEN LEGAL to happen, is incredibly baffling to me.

#6 larsv8, Jun 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Be careful what you say on here. He wants a certain type of fan and being able to be a fan will have to be earned it will no longer just be given.
    upload_2023-6-29_21-45-49.jpeg

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fvv and Lopez are two really really good players that would double our win total, push for the playoffs, and actually have the kids play in high leverage minutes that mean a damn, as opposed to the last three years with them pissing into the wind without any consequence. This is how you build winning habits and develop young players and build a culture. Rocket fans are so cooked by the constant losing the last three years that they wouldn’t recognize a winning player if they dropped in their laps - as seen by the discourse around Fvv, Lopez, Sengun.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Spare him and delete this thread or merge it.

Rockets Rule and Arnel like this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I firmly believe we are still 4-5 years from sniffing .500 basketball… the team is still trying to find a direction and it’s sad.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  11. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I don't agree. The team is already 0.500 since sacking Silas. JGreen/Alp/Tari/Bari/Amen is a 0.400 team at least. Add them 2 vets+Cam/TyTy and others there is no way the team might lose more than 41 games.

Rockets Rule and Arnel like this.
  12. Arnel

Arnel Member

So which free agents would you like?

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I heard Udoka has a fetish for midgets so the FVV signing is not surprising.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

James Harden

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's not Stone's fault that this year's FA group is pathetic. I just don't want the team to overreact to the moment and sign Fred Van Flintstone and Kyle Lose-ma to giant, long contracts. Both are 3rd or 4th tier stars at best.

But who knows what Stone will do with Patitta breathing in his ear. "You know, Daddy REALLY likes Kuzma."

17. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Is not?

Salvy likes this.
  18. OpportunityCost

First, I believe the Rockets lost on purpose the last three years to gain draft picks ala the Astros. I believe Silas knew it was his job to lose games. That said, I don't agree with this model, I think it's disingenuous and it just seems dishonest.

That said, I am excited with having a coach that will hold people accountable. He said everything will be earned. I love it!! I think that there will be order, sophistication in offensive philosophy (no free-for-all like with D'antoni or Adelman or just dumping the ball to the "star" as with Van Gundy, FINALLY a coach, I believe that will be really savvy on offense.)

I think his presence and acumen will make the Rockets watchable again. Hopefully no more me-ball or endless dribbling sessions. There will offense with intention and defense will be a focus too. Finally!!!!

DVauthrin, Mathloom and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. OpportunityCost

We shall see.

#19 OpportunityCost, Jun 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    burlesk likes this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That’s how life works man. You make a plan, try to execute it the best you can, and play the hand you’re dealt. Things like ping pong balls can’t be controlled.

Williamson and Mathloom like this.