1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We traded 3 Players, added 2...who gets the last roster spot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Mar 15, 2012.

1. disguyman

disguyman Member

jermaine taylor

antonio daniels

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

did you miss his dunk the other night? lol

or is my sarcasm meter broken : /

4. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

God I hope you're right

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I say keep it empty and let's make a run with what we have

7. JonesDaddy

JonesDaddy Contributing Member

Kyrylo Fesenko

Here's why:

Need another big in case Camby goes down.
    He's unsigned.
    We took a look and were interested in him when he was a RFA.
    Utah would have matched any reasonable contract, so he signed the 1 year qualifying.
    Forget which ones, but some statistics say he is a very good defender.
    He is supposed to have maturity issues, but Camby is supposed to be a role model for young players as is Fisher (and McHale is supposed to be good with bigs as well).

I figure the only reason Houston hasn't picked him up is the same reason Lin was let go.
    With the dead line passed, expiring guaranteed contracts have no value.

Take a look at him for a few weeks and see if he can be a cheap back up option moving forward.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No one remember Garrett Temple? Where is he now? Couldn't find him in D-League.

9. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Good idea. It was according to Hollinger.

He's had some injury issues. I'd like a Greg Smith contract for him if healthy.

10. cavevato

cavevato Member

Agent Zero

Here's why:

Once upon a time the the Rockets had THE greatest two way center of NBA history: The Dream.
    At present time, there is a not too shabby superstar center who is on the verge of leaving his team, who has already stated(i think) that he would like Arenas on his next team.

The Rockets(Morey) now has time to do whatever he has to do to get Dwight on the Rockets.It's do or die Morey. Put it in his head he could be the next legendary center on a team w/ a history of a legendary center.(apparently his head is easily influenced)

Signing his Arenas could only help. You got time to get your cap situated to sign Dwight when he becomes a free agent.

Find a way to acquire Igoudala( I dont care how just do it Morey) to further entice Dwight to consider Houston. Also I wonder how C.Lee's relationship was w/ Dwight while in Orlando or if that could help any.

That said I havent looked if Arenas is even feasible or what it would entail regarding the payroll or anything, so Im just talking ish. But if the Rockets(Les/Morey) insist on not rebuilding thru' the draft, well at least attempt to do it the proper way instead of putting a band-aid on a mortally wounded team. Have a damn plan please.

Oh yeah, if in the process you trade all those flopping ass bballer imposters on our team and you still dont get Dwight, then thats still a win in my book.(Scola not included). At least you'll get some players who are serious about winning.... also, get a real coach and dont let him leave this time.

11. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

@Jonathan_Feigen
    Rockets have reached out to the agent for point guard Anthony Carter. Could be an indication of buyout for Fisher. Carter played for McHale.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think so... he could still help some team this year if they give him big minutes and let him be a point forward like he wants. We really have no reason to help anyone else in the league. I guess I could see doing it if he accepts pennies on the dollar for his contract but then we/he might get in union trouble.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Oh yeah!!! We get older and older! Championship here we come!

14. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Arenas and Lee...

15. highlander3128

Just imagine we still had Jeremy Lin on the roster.

How much is it better than an 80 year old Fisher?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We replace a 37 year old with a 36 year one... We get younger .... lol