1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have turned the corner.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Wait, working out at the gym is turning a corner? Damn, the dude should have done that a long time ago, man.

heypartner likes this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

Interesting... Did the Rockets do some renovations to their gym facility, adding a strip pole for example? If so, genius move.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Hey Capella! What are you doing resting there? Get back to work! You got owned tonight by a hippie

5. Tha_Dude

Man, no. That SAME hippie also missed a point blank layup at the end of the game. That's why hippies should stick to bowling man, its a more hippie friendly sport.

Nivos likes this.
  6. Nivos

Nivos Member

I was talking about the other hippie. The Judo master from Canada.
    But ye, he got owned by everyone tonight. The D-mo effect

13 in 33 and Tha_Dude like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We have definitely re-established a culture of making sacrifices for the ultimate team goal of winning on any given night.

There are 3 great opportunities for this team:

1) I know Harden, despite the legendary season he's having, is STILL fine tuning his decision making in terms of when and how to attack the defense. It's really a positive sign to see your TOP player, one of the best in the world, still dissatisfied with where he is and working hard to break ceilings. The guy averaging 28/12/7 playing 36 minutes is in the gym after the game. If Harden didn't have a glorious beard, he would be called The Brain instead of The Beard.

2) PRACTICES. @heypartner highlighted throughout our first 20 games how this team has had shockingly little time to practice. Seeing as the offense is almost humming, I think a big portion of our upcoming practices will be dedicated to tightening that defense, watching film, studying a more reasonable sample of defensive data. MDA will add one or two plays to our book, some secret weapons, or maybe even just continuing to polish this existing offense.

3) D-Mo and Harrell. One or both of these guys is going to give us an improved bench over what we've had for the first 20 games. I don't think it will be as dramatic as the effect of replacing Ennis/Brewer with Beverley, but it will certainly be a nice addition for 60+ games and I'm hoping this means we can maintain a decent performance with Harden off the floor. Bev/Gordon/Dekker/DMo/Nene is nothing to sneeze at off the bench, heck it might be one of the best bench mobs in the league. Who has a better 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th player? A handful of teams, maybe.

Looking good right now and can't give the team enough props for the position we're in right now. We almost gave away a game against the Celtics, but luckily they threw it back our way. Hope we learn from that and go HAM the next 14-15 games with the easier schedule.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

my god after that horrific 15-16 season, we finally tuned that god daam mother ****in corner! now we can finally say we're two games away from turning back into the same corner we just turned out of. good stuff. ryan with the 20m per expensive no show tonight. about get a buncha home games and eg with a timely injury, not bad. harden with a double doulbe with to's, as usual. ariza's body finally reacting to his b2b2b 35-40mpg superstar minutes, way behind schedule. brewer taking minutes from dekker and leaving kj to rot on the bench for the sake of building up his "trade value".

all in all, i'd say this team is in for some ****, night in and night out.

9. Tha_Dude

Dude, you think that's like a bit harsh and stuff, man? The team is doing very well all things considered. Not ready to vote on the turner corner or turning anything YET. But, we're doing better than last year and we beat G.S and SA while on the road.

Smoke on

heypartner and ClutchCity13 like this.
  10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well thats just like, you know, your opinion

its a joke. i dunno if u know but these corner threads have become a joke here. i also like harsh humor.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I expect to see this every year now, every offseason.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

It will be done my lord.

13. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

GTFOH. When was the last time you decided to stay at work late despite a brutal workday?

Honestly i get sick of ungrateful so called "fans" like yourself. How often do NBA players workout AFTER a grueling game? Please go away.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still don't belive it... I want to, but last year did a number on my faith.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

He was talking about this guy.
    [​IMG]

16. mightybosstone

Why do people keep making threads about "turning the corner?" What the hell does that even mean in this context, and why is this moment the point in which you think this occurred?

If by "turning the corner" you just mean the team has improved its attitude and acquired players and coaches that will help them play winning basketball, then that happened months ago.

"Turning the corner" is usually a phrase used to describe a team overcoming some adversity or stopping a losing streak, not continuing to win games and work hard, which they've essentially done all season. So using this phrase 20 games into a season that has pretty consistently been positive makes no sense.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Cashmoney and DreamShook like this.
  18. mightybosstone

I don't think it was OP's intent to be funny, chief.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you know i think you're right, we havent turned that corner yet, but we're two games away from turning that corner. i know it, i can feel it. we're almost there.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

There is a reason the Rockets are suddenly working out after games. Believe me, there is more to it. I will not reveal now but it will all play out in due course

- _holic

BigMaloe likes this.