1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WCAX] Police make 30 arrests for food stamp fraud in North Country

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by plutoblue11, Feb 17, 2015.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

http://www.wcax.com/story/28064622/police-make-30-arrests-for-food-stamp-fraud-in-north-country

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thug animals should be in a zoo.

Thanks Obama

4. rudan

rudan Member

Meth head obama voters.........

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Were they basically arrested for buying alcohol and processed food, instead of something that needs to be cooked or prepared?

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's a common food stamp scam. You can't buy alcohol with your white card, but places will sell it and ring it up as something else. Another scam is that they'll ring up a bunch of fake sales and then refund cash.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

White people are on food stamps??????

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't understand why this is even a thread.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://m.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/teen-arrested-for-jaywalking/nj53R/

More important news from around the nation:

[rquoter]

Teen arrested after jaywalking

News Staff

DAYTON —

A female teenager was arrested by Dayton Police for jaywalking.

In a Dayton police report, an officer says he was driving north on Salem Ave. Thursday about 2:25 p.m. when he saw a juvenile slowly crossing the road near Superior Ave. and noticed a car had to slow down to avoid hitting her.

The officer pulled to the median and yelled a question asking what she was doing. He informed her she had jaywalked and cars had to slow down for her. He said she didn’t seem to care and she said she was waiting for her bus.

According to the report, the officer told her “if she walked back to the corner where she was supposed to cross, I would just give her a warning. She said she couldn’t because she was waiting on her bus. I said again that she had jay walked and I could have to give her a ticket unless she walked back to the corner where was supposed to cross. She said for me to do what I had to do.”

After pulling his cruiser over, the teen asked him, “Are you going to take me home?” He replied, “I (will) give her a 100 dollar ticket if she didn’t walk back to the intersection.”

The teen told him he would have to take her home because she had now missed her bus.

“I said she shouldn’t argue with the police. I asked her name and said you gonna take me down town. I asked her is that what she really wanted. She said no it’s unnecessary.”

The teen never identified herself, after repeated questioning. He found her name in her book bag.

She was put in the cruiser and belted in. She removed the belt. The officer rebelted her, telling her it was the law. She removed it again. He then had her get out of the vehicle, cuffed her, then back into the vehicle and read the teen her Miranda rights.

She was arrested and charged with two counts of obstruction and cited for jay walking.

[/rquoter]

Before someone flips, yes food stamp fraud is more serious than jaywalking. But google "coupon fraud arrest", which is on par and you'll find new stories every day. Same with good stamp fraud. The world is full of petty criminals. I bought a guitar for my wife for Christmas on eBay, and the seller was running a scam account and never sent it. EBay had to refund my money. They do the same for others an untold number of times each day. That doesn't mean we need to pass laws to outlaw eBay.

#9 Ottomaton, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

lol....this is great stuff!

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I take the girl's side.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

How is this his fault.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you weren't broke cause of Obamacare, you could get your sarcasm detector fixed! ;)

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

LOL :grin: