1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watson Or Savage? Who would you like to see lead the Texans week 1

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nigel Thornberry, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Watson or Savage

1. Deshaun Watson

66.7%
  2. Tom Savage

33.3%
  1. Nigel Thornberry

Couldn't agree more. It took Watson only one (and his first ever possession) to do what Savage has never done.... Throw a TD pass lmao.

ipaman and Fulgore like this.
  2. likestohypeguy

Lookin good boys

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At first i said Savage but that was against my philosophy of getting your franchise guy experience early. Savage has pluses but having a bad o line killed his chance

red5rocket and Nigel Thornberry like this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With a good oline he's just a system qb that allows Deshaun a little more time to develop on the sideline. Problem with Savage is he's not a playmaker... not talking about his legs I'm talking about being a playmaker period.

red5rocket and pgabriel like this.
  5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Don't think we've seen enough of Savage to judge him. I have no idea how good he is, but he has barely played and the pass protection in his start this season was horrendous. I think Watson was put in because he is more equipped to deal with pass rush, and the O'Brien co. are thinking job protection over long-term at this point. Watson gives us the best chance to win under the circumstances, but Savage is still a question until he plays more in my mind.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I agree but its not just protection, he can't stay healthy under normal circumstances.

If he stayed healthy he would have given them a legit shot to beat new England if the defense played as well as they did. That would have given him tremendous staying power

It was the same situation. BOB probably gave Osweiller the start cause at least he could count on him finishing the game

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...and-texans-have-rebuffed-suitors-in-the-past/

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

They should. Trade Savage and Brown.

Fulgore likes this.
  10. codell

codell Contributing Member

Could they get a 2nd for Savage?

What about Lamar Miller? Is he worth a 2nd or 3rd?

Mercilus?

Would be nice to somehow figure out a way to get back at least a 2nd in the 2018 draft.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Only reason I think Watson will work is that he is different than all the carbon copy Brocks/Savages/etc we have had the past years.

Irrational thinking on my part? Probably.