1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#Wat] Is Virginia’s governor promoting infanticide?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 30, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since some of the worst posters are posting this dishonest scare tactic elsewhere, I will simply repost this here too...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-their-2020-bids.295371/page-25#post-12257319

Key takeaways... already illegal, but rethuglicans simply looking for an inflammatory wedge issue to mislead and attack the constitutionally protected woman's right to choice. So instead of working on real issues, rethuglicans do this...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And of course, trump gets sucked right into this cesspool of dishonesty.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You are no real man if you are pro-choice.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What's wrong here?

Again, women that have late term abortions have them because it puts their health at risk or the baby isn't going to survive anyway, makes no difference how they get the baby out.

Most women have early term abortions, usually, when there isn't even a bump in the belly, usually a week or so after finding out they are pregnant.

And anyone Pro-"Life" usually has no idea what they are even defending.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Where did you find the data to corroborate your statements?

7. JumpMan

Life.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_termination_of_pregnancy
    Late-term abortions are rare with about 1.3% of abortions taking place after the 21st week of pregnancy, and less than 1% occuring after 24 weeks.[4] Late-term abortions usually take place when the mother's health is at serious risk or when fatal abnormalities have been detected.

Except the life of the woman having a late term abortion I guess?

Seriously, both of you, does it literally make sense for a woman to carry a baby for months and months only to just change her mind on a whim? Do you guys think so little of women?

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

A blastocyst or zygote is no more of a life than the skin cells you scrap off washing your hand opening the door.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. JumpMan

There's a scene on the movie Pan's Labyrinth where the villain of the movie instructs the doctor delivering his wife's baby to save the baby if the choice is between his baby or his wife.

It's not an easy choice, is it?

Do you know women?

11. JumpMan

The skin cells could never develop into a human, you dope.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Nice sensationalism (I don’t like the Illinois law) but it isn’t as extreme as NY. You all wanted states to be able to decide, for every Alabama you are going to get an Illinois or NY.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Biologically speaking, a that point the blastocyst and skin cells are both a clump of cells. Under normal circumstances no, but you could revert skin cells back to stem cells with the potential to become...anything.

Hope of becoming something? How many times have you blown a load in your hand? Don’t tell me that those couldn’t become anything, you just killed 500 millions “hopes” of kids like that by your own logic. I can completely understand the pro-life POV , I am against late term abortions. But the life begins at conception crowd is way off.

Clump of cells in both scenarios, at that point you have to think objectively.

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, it's not an easy choice, but it should not be your choice to make.

If the health of the mother is at risk it should be the mother's choice if she wants to sacrifice HER life. HER life.

The species would not survive if mothers died during childbirth so it is an abnormal thing anyways.

Yes, I do.

Most women dream of motherhood and cherish it and don't take it lightly. To assume that a woman would carry a baby for 5 months and then just go "Nahhh, nevermind..."

Most women, as the stats show, make this decision WAY early in the pregnancy and those that have late term abortions are because of complications.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let us also remember that it is the sperm that carries the DNA to the egg and each one is literally a different script to create a different person so when you blow a load you are killing millions of possibilities.

16. JumpMan

Anything? Even a baby?

Semen, like skin cells, could never develop into a baby.

FYI, for every conception there are millions of seeds that don't make it. :(

Why can't the doctors do their best to have both mother and child survive?

No, you don't.

They seem to take sex and getting pregnant lightly.

I'd rather that option not be available.

What if the complications are the baby daddy pissing them off? What if they have second thoughts about what a baby would do to their career? Their looks? What if they find out that the baby has some undesirable characteristics? Would you make the only complications acceptable those that threaten the mother's life?

17. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t know you, but it is obvious that you are poorly educated.

Perhaps listen to Kenneth Copeland, as he will steer you right.

18. JumpMan

And Joel Osteen?

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I understand...but on this particular issue, you might do some research.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They do. Are you assuming that a woman that wants to keep her child and a doctor just shrug and go "Ah well, maybe the next one?"

Sometimes they even push the abortion back so that they can be sure that there is no way to save the baby and assure the mother that she will live. So some of these late late term abortions are doctors being sure.

Ah, I guess you know me?

I guess it's my imagination and I don't have a first cousin, a woman I grew up with as a friend, that is one of the 1% of women that had a late term abortion. It would be something to see you tell her that she didn't really want her child, the child she tried for years to have.

In fact, I know two women personally, as life long friends, that had abortions. The aforementioned one who, with her husband, was trying to have a kid for years but didn't and only to find out that the baby would not survive and one who had one when she was younger that was an early term abortion. Basically, she was a young women, experimenting sexually, and knew she couldn't take care of a baby and go to college. So had an abortion.

By the way, the man who got her pregnant, was also experimenting sexually. So many of you pro-life people seem to think women just have sex with themselves and men have no control of wearing condoms or not having sex with the woman who may be offering it to them. It's not a coincidence that some NBA players have 50 kids and some have 2-3, some men are responsible adults believe it or not that know how to either wrap up or not stick their stick in every willing hole.

Do women have sex with themselves and get pregnant by themselves?

And you say I don't know women...maybe you believe they are sponges and reproduce by themsevles? Do men have 0 agency for you?

Again, 1%, 1% of abortions are late term abortions and they are usually cases of complications.

You are telling people (at times, each medical case is different) to basically risk their life to have a baby that likely won't survive.

You are telling women in this position that they should play Russian roulette with their lives when they don't have to. No one likes late-term abortions, that includes the women that have them.

You have listened to some heavy religious propaganda about this it seems.

Those examples you bring up, are early term abortion examples. Again, when we are talking about late-term abortions we are talking about a small % of abortions, 1%...

Late-term abortions are not casually given and women (AS the 1% shows...) don't just willy nilly carry a baby 5+ months and go "Ah, nevermind! I'm done carrying this thing! Peace!"

To assume such is really insulting to women. As if they don't think about pregnancy since childhood and the options they have considering pregnancy. Most women get abortions soon after finding out they are pregnant because, like you say...maybe they don't like the guy? Maybe it would ruin their career? Maybe they are a model and simply don't want it? As for characteristics, there are no characteristics for a fertilized egg.

But this idea that a woman carries a baby into her 2nd and 3rd trimester and then just decides on some whim not to have it is nonsense. She knows it is a baby, she knows it is viable, you think little of women and their morality if you think so many of them would just casually kill their own child.

There's tons of information on late-term abortion. I suggest you listen more to women that have had them and doctors than preachers when it comes to this.

https://qz.com/1539219/what-are-late-term-abortions-and-who-gets-them/
    Here is a short article, a basic summary of everything I've said in this thread.

To be clear...I don't support late-term abortions for casual reasons, I do believe when it comes to the 2nd trimester, you carry the baby to term UNLESS there are medical complications. You can't be pro-life when your stance is "F the mother, if she dies delivering a baby then she dies. Oh well."

When you guys find these growing number of cases where women casually have late-term abortions get at me. I'll be on your side. But banning ALL late-term abortions and saying F the context and circumstance is wrong. It's good that there are places in the USA out there that are willing to do them so that people don't lose their wives, mothers, and sisters unnecessarily.

Nook likes this.