1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY is now the starting QB for the Titans

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by KingCheetah, Sep 30, 2006.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

bush had a solid game today, but the bucs defense isn't good this year, believe me they're my fantasy team defense. they were number one LAST season.

for all those receptions he's yards per touch still isn't that great.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He was terrible running the ball. Even if you combine rushes and receptions, he still had under 5 yards per touch... for a guy with more receptions than carries, that's a pretty pitiful average. Reggie had a great kick return. That's great. He's a glorified Dante Hall. To me, that's not worth the second pick in the draft.

Oh, and the Saints needed a miracle punt return at home to sneak past one of the worst teams in the league starting a sixth-round rookie at QB. They've also beat amazing teams like Cleveland and Green Bay. You're right - playoffs here they come!!! :rolleyes:

3. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

LOL no matter what happens, you guys wont give him any credit, i've come to accept that so its all good. From a pure RB standpoint, you guys may be right, but he is just a weapon, an all around weapon. He can run the ball well, his hands are better than most receivers, he punt returns well and he is a good decoy. He isn't putting up crazy stat numbers, but the Saints are winning and he is a big part of it. Nobody thought the saints would be 4-1 at this point.

He's doing all the above I just mentioned as well as donating large amounts of money to help rebuild schools in New Orleans, he has the Saints season ticets sold out, the crowd is excited and energetic because of him, in the 4th quarter today when he made a great play on 3rd down to keep the drive alive, the entire superdome was chanting "Reggie, Reggie, Reggie". Great atmosphere, the guy is special.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

LOL! You are pathetic. You have a great name "The Cat" cause anytime anyone says 1 positive thing about Reggie Bush, you come out of the jungle and "pounce" on that poster. You said the saints would suck this year and you said the Falcons were gonna destroy them, lol. I saw you posting about the titans game, did you even watch the saints game? I doubt it. Bush didn't do anything spectacular, but who cares, he did his job and the Saints won. The Bucs looked much better without Chris Simms in there by the way. They actually put up some offense. *ducks and prepares for another "pounce" for taking a jab at Simms"

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I said he was great, chico, stop being so sensitive. What everybody said about him beng a complementary player rather htan an every-down RB appears to be coming to fruition, at least at this point.

6. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Bush's effectiveness as a decoy will soon stop. When he touches the ball on offense he hasn't really done a whole lot. He's at best a back-up RB and a #2 or #3 receiver rolled into one. What happened to his explosiveness? And I think the Texans should have taken him. I have nothing against him, but he's not really showing he was deserving of the first pick either.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Should be the Titans QB right now... if it wasn't for Bud/Floyd/Rose Bowl.

Norm wanted his guy.

8. SamFisher

LOL@ teh titans 4 not turning over their draft to the offensive coordinator LOllLLZERS!!!!!!!111111!!!

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Hey... I'm just saying that they're paying that offensive coordinator a ton of money right now for a reason. If they want to get the most out of his "genius" that they're paying for, they might as well get him the players he wants (which just happens to be the most NFL-ready QB... who just may have as spectacular a career ahead of him as Vince does).

Norm Chow is a waste on the Titans, and he probably knows it... and Floyd/Fisher is going to take the fall of another losing season combined with their continued cap hell.

10. The Cat

LOL! Man you really pwn3d me. I said the Saints would suck this year... the year isn't over yet, is it? I said the Falcons would beat them... I missed a prediction. That would never happen with a prognosticator as gifted as yourself, would it? Oh wait... here's a few recent examples.

LOL! :rolleyes: No, I haven't predicted every game in the history of time correctly. Guess what? Neither have you. Unless you're the exception to the rule (and clearly, you're not) move on and debate from a logical perspective instead of the credibility shots.

As for Simms against Gradowski, let's think about it. Simms went up against the Baltimore, Atlanta and Carolina... elite level defenses led by guys like Ray Lewis, John Abraham and Julius Peppers. Each of them is on a completely different planet than the Saints defense, and anyone with a pulse knows that.

The true evaluation of Simms comes from what he did over a larger sample size. Last year, he came in and performed admirably (QB rating over 80) and guided a team that won a division championship. Now, I know... you can't measure individuals by team results. That's true. But just as you can say Reggie had a huge hand in the outcome of today's game, you can say the same for Simms in many games last season... three late, game-winning drives out of his eight starts. Gradowski had his chance today. He failed.

There's such a thing as sample size, and when you limit your evaluation to only three games against the best defenses in the league, you tend to get skewed numbers.

11. SamFisher

If Matt Leinart were playing behind the Titans line (while they didn't have a lot of sacks today, they committed a fair amount of drive-killing penalites iwth false starts and holds) and throwing to David Givens and Bobby Wade instead of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, people would be calling the titans stupid for taking chow's guy - especially since you said Chow was a waste anyway. If he's leaving like you suggest then why commit to "his" players? Sounds pretty dumb to me.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I never said he was leaving... I thought it was dumb for the Titans to commit valuable money to him. I said Fisher and Floyd could be fired before this year is done because of both the product on the field, and the miserable cap situation they have.

Also, Matt Leinart is NFL ready, while Vince is still raw... I don't think anybody should despute that. He probably doesn't look as good on the Titans, but I don't see the huge disparity in "upside" that was the apparent reason why Leinart dropped so far in the draft.

13. SamFisher

So if they're in total rebuilding mode why are you harping on "NFL ready" -- by your assessment that should be the least of the Titans concerns.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Look... I'm just looking at it from what would be a Titans fan perspective... not a Vince Young fan perspective. They're pretty frustrated... thinking this year would not be another "rebuilding" year, which it is.

A lot of people still don't know if what Vince did in college will fully translate to the NFL. Michael Vick is the only thing close to a predecessor... and his career has had mixed results based on his QB play alone.

There's no way Vince would be playing right now if the Titans didn't realize just 3 weeks into the season that they'd be the worst team in the NFL... they expected more.

Leinert helps them more now, yes. Vince helps them more in the future than Leinert would? Who knows.

15. The Cat

I'm not saying I disagree with the rest of your points, but I'm pretty sure most Titans fans went into this year fully expecting another rebuilding year.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But not at the level at they were at before today's game (which was somewhat uplifting).

When you combine that with their financial disparities... its not a good situation, at all.

17. SamFisher

LOL, other than your imagination, where are these fictional Titans fans who thought they were going to the super bowl this year? Everybody knew they were going to suck this year. When you sign a starting QB off the street the week before your season opener- that much is obvious.

Thanks, highly original, never heard that before....

They expected so much that they gave up. Who is "they" -- the Titans or the fans? Did you just switch perspectives in midstream? Darn you to heck.

Precisely my point.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why else would you take Vince #3 unless you were certain that he had more upside than the other rookie QB's?

THAT is my point... Bottom line is that I love Vince, hate the Titans, and don't think its a good situation for either team.

19. SamFisher

I don't understand.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Neither do I... "agree to disagree"-- Ron Burgundy