1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VSPAN could barely contain himself on the Bench !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zcity, Nov 15, 2006.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

I was watching Vspan sitting (actually he was wiggling like a kid with ADD) as he witnessed the Rox totally collapse. He could hardly contain himself as he was watching helplessly looking at JVG ocassionally and URGINGLY with that look that said - "PUT ME IN COACH, I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE." I loved seeing this - It was obvious that this guy has an amazing competitive spirit - He wanted in - He wanted to fight back - He wanted to help the team from total collapse. As a fan that is great to see.

I love seeing a guy that wants to fight when the backs are against the wall rather then hide in the corner.

I thought he was gonna check himself into the game at one point - He could NOT sit still. At one point he actually shoved a player out of his way who was obscuring his view of the game.

Can't wait for this guy to be in the rotation !!!!

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Just keep on waiting, and waiting and waiting and waiting. You know its true.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He should be in the rotation already, he is rotting on the pine.....

If he makes mistakes pull him....but LET HIM PLAY....he is not a 21 year old rookie...

He is experienced in international competition....

DD

4. zcity

I agree - Rafer really faded in the 4th quarter - especially defensively - Spanoulis would have put an end to the Spurs run with a hard foul or a couple of steals - We need an enforcer out there that can put an end to runs like the Spurs had last night.

5. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

i can see him get playing time (not garbage time) before December. Hopefully in rotation before Christmas. :cool:

6. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

All rookies make mistakes, even vets make mistakes. I didnt see him pulling Rafer skip to my lou Alston when he was crossing over the air and throwing up garbage.

7. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Put him in! Time and Time again, Rafer's turns it over in the 4th! Vspan can't be any worse than skip to my lou!

8. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

he's definitely going to be that "Spark" off the bench, if he ever gets any PT

9. yaominn

yaominn Member

actually, skip is much better this year, but this guy can only play 25 minutes good basketball, then he will lose focus. i think jvg should treat him like a rookie, whenever he makes a mistake, bench him for a couple of minutes.

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Even coaches who let players play through a disaster like last night make PT changes. They just don't do it till the next game.

Let's see whether V-Span plays next game. I'm betting on it.

11. zcity

Yeah - This post is not a bash of Rafer - He is definitely playing the best ball of his career - But your point is well taken in that He is not a 40 minute/game player - He needs to be spelled - Vspan is a great change of pace.

Get him in coach !!!!

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

so far i am very pleased with the season. i think billy could help in the future but right now rafer and luther are playing very well.

maybe next summer if billy proves that he worked on his jumper and refined his T.O. problem then the team could look to trade luther for something.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

V-Span SHOULD play but let's not bash Rafer. He played very well last night except for those 2 turnovers in the 4th.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope you're right, Will. The second half last night was worse than a root canal. We had those Spers down for the count. Damn. And missing Hayes really hurt. :(

Why not give KillBill a shot?

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Barring something ridiculous. . I see us makiing the playoffs

Why not let him play to work out the kinks now
    instead of the playoffs or late in the year

Rocket River

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Will this is what I think, and it would be a natural thing to have happen, BUT...JVG is in his last year of his contract in a win now or else mode.......I would have a hard time betting on it, but I am hoping, at least.

DD

17. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Last night would've been as good as any to get Billy in. We were struggling incredibly towards the end of the third and throughout the fourth. One of the players that was leading the Spurs charge was Slovenian point guard Udrih. If there are any players in the league that Billy is ready to play against, it would be a Slovenian player whom he has played against many times before.

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

If VSpan played, he could at least get a few FTs during the collapse.

19. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I wouldn't mind seeing VSpan play, but last night's collapse happened with both Yao and TMac on the floor. If they couldn't stem the tide, I don't think Rafer should have to shoulder the brunt of the criticism.

Obviously, it's Howards fault. :D

Seriously though, get well soon Chuck "Baby Barkley" Hayes.

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Well, if JVG plays VSpan next game, he doesn't do so on his own volition, he does it because he fears the furor from Clutch fans. :)