1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Virus] So who’s still going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 7, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tinman have you ever tried bat? If Popeyes fried up bat we might get stuff like that happening here.
    ;)

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I went to Sams and Kroger yesterday. Average crowd, lots of older folks sort of wandering around, obviously not paying attention to the self-isolate recommendation.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

IMO these are the people that need to be quarantined with the national guard bringing them food/supplies/drugs at no cost. If you go out and you're old each business would require an ID and not sell you goods if you're over 65. If you can't buy anything and you can get it delivered for free, that should slow down the high risk group from catching the virus from these wandering excursions.

Only exclusions would be those with a medical badge. Even police, fire, etc, if you're over 65 you have to stay home.

You'd still have those younger with weak systems, but I think those people are/should already be paranoid because they've most likely had to deal with this all their lives.

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

3:25-3:40

[​IMG]

I see cooked rats and this dude picking up a Yorkie sized bat with it’s wings spread...OH HELL NAH!!

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

no toilet paper to be found within H-Town city limits, but I see plenty of canned goods and other food

people more worried about hoarding stuff to wipe their ass with after taking a sh*t, but skipping what will actually make them sh*t

Yung-T, No Worries and Phillyrocket like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

posted this barely a week ago, and it now makes me sound so ignorant

it’s certainly not business as usual for me anymore

So what’s changed?

no more gym or hooping for me...I’ve been busy ordering stuff to set up a little home gym to hold me over for a few months...I actually like this investment tho even if it won’t be anything special

I won’t be going to a barbershop any time soon...started with a low fade, and by the time this Corona crisis hopefully subsides, I may have a Jarrett Allen fro

no dog parks or any place where a lot of people might congregate

I basically only go out to the grocery story...I had a pretty good supply of food stocked up before all this went down...lot’s of rice...lots of frozen chicken breast, frozen chicken wings, frozen pork, frozen ground beef, and frozen vegetables I had kept in a freezer in the garage...I wasn’t even getting all this stuff in preparation for a situation like this, it just sorta happened over the past few months...the meat was mainly from buying it and not cooking it within a day or so so just tossing it in that freezer before it went bad, or using half the package and putting the rest in the freezer, and then buying a whole new set of chicken/pork/etc instead of getting it from the freezer and waiting for it to thaw...my laziness paid off I guess

I’ve got a good amount of pasta, canned beans, canned tomatoes, etc...I certainly wasn’t expecting there to be a toilet paper shortage...

I was never a “prep for emergency by stockpiling goods and essentials guy”...my mindset has changed

Yung-T and DaDakota like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just took a walk around my neighborhood. Lots of people out walking their dogs. About to go to an outdoor small group workout (everyone is spaced 6+ ft)

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm a very active person. I got to the gym at least 4 times a week if not 5 or 6. But I broke my foot a year or two ago and was confined to a scooter or crutches for a long time. Mentally... that experience has really prepared me for this. I'm at peace pausing the things I'd normally take for granted.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Starting the kids on home schooling today. It's still Spring Break for them, but they were climbing the walls without being able to go anywhere or see anybody.

We had a little circle of families that we figured we could see at a distance. But now that's done as well. Not going camping now either. Good thing I'm an introvert.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make a spicy bat sandwich and throw a couple of pickles on it and you'd have people beating each other in the parking lot to get one.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I was laid up for a long time with chronic illness and I feel the same way. When the choice is taken away from you, you realize some things can wait. I mean, unless you're losing your livelihood like so many are.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It's hard to believe it's only been a week since I played a St. Patrick's day weekend show and was going to play another one on St. Patrick's Day. I was still debating with y'all last Sunday about playing that show. I admit I was wrong and glad that as a band we decided to cancel it even though the city would've taken the decision out of our hands a few hours later.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Throw in some bbq Robin wings and call it the Joker Special

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Went out today to buy a jump rope and basketball. I’m good staying inside for 2 weeks now. I live right next to a school so might head over there to take some jumpers.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

...and then you see 10 other people at the school with the same idea with you lmao

arkoe likes this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I had an option of sitting out for the rest of the month, but I went to work everyday except Sunday. I've went to Krogers almost everyday, they have almost everything when they opened (except hand sanitizers). It is sad to see a lot of the Krogers workers that was working before this happened don't show up (and I don't work for Kroger's) except for the manager that I recognized. And it is nice to see people spacing on each other. It is good to see a lot of people are really staying home because every morning and rush hour it is like a Sunday drive to and out of town. Even if Texas declares everyone to stay at home except for essentials, you can still go out to jog like in Cali.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Nah. I live in San Leon. They’re on 5th street buying meth.

Crap... I need to start producing the new world currency.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Was reading through this thread again when I searched for 'St. Patrick's Day" and it's chilling reading where we were two years ago this past week.

Yesterday we played at the venue that we cancelled out. We agreed as a band to not charge them for our gig as we had told them we would make it up to them and instead give our fee to the staff. It was a good gig and the place was pretty full. Even though we didn't charge the venue a patron gave me a $100 as a tip.

Jontro and RKREBORN like this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

This has been a long ****ing 2 weeks