1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Elephant810, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I know he doesn't move the needle much, but he was still a decent player off the bench this past season. I wouldn't mind him at the vet minimum. Thoughts?

jch1911 likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

As the offseason ends if we haven't added another wing and he'll sign for the minimum I'd be fine with it.

jch1911 and macho GRANDE like this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what is this thread titled "Vince Carter"? I heard he died peacefully in his sleep last night of old age.

...he is survived by his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

justinh likes this.
  5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

After we sign a big or two.

6. mightybosstone

I had read that he was interested in going to Golden State, but that would make zero sense after the Casspi and Nick Young signings. I could definitely see him taking a discount to sign with a contender like Houston or Cleveland. He was a pretty damn good role player last season considering he's 40.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

False thread.

Edit title to

Vince Carter ?

BigShasta likes this.
  8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

maybe.. maybe no

Can't be worse than Corey Brewer. If Morey's not going to get another star, they just need to get incrementally better throughout the roster.

We'd have to find a better backup PG than Ennis, and then pray that Onuaku gives us what Montrezl did last year.

9. Coach E

Coach E Member

Hell to the naq

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lets at least mak ean attempt to develop some marginal talent? can we play nanu or zhou and see what they can do? maybe brown and whoever at guard. if they all completely suck, whcih i highly doubt, then dont play them. they wont break this team. we aint getting homecourt advantage.

lets chill out with this mda-indoctrination and play some more of the bench. i think im the only one concerned about eg and ariza getting hurt. both overplayed

mdoggnic likes this.
  11. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Amazing thread

BigShasta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. Know Your Role

VC was interviewed during a summer league game about his plans. He simply said he wants to contribute and get minutes but not ride the end of the bench while ring chasing. He said maybe in a few years he'll do that. I don't think we'd be what he's looking for.

Y2JT likes this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He's an okay bench guy amazingly despite his age. I could see him being part of our bench unit/insurance for when Gordon is on the mend. Hard to see him getting more than 20 minutes a game at his age, but I know the Griz rode him harder than that because they had no other choices. I would take him in Houston - could even see the Spurs using him more(flashback to the 'Nique era in S.A.)...

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

An ellipsis would also be appropriate. Clutchfans accepts question marks or ellipses in these kinds of threads

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would sign him. I'm pretty sure the Rockets win it all next season. It would be cool to see him win, he may be the last player from when I was "younger" still playing. Paul Pierce is gone, I can't think of any others :oops:

BigShasta likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oops I forgot Dirk. I'm pretty sure that is it though. No mas.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He moved Frederic Weis.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think he's worth the minimum, but would rather have Troy Williams. If someone's going to barely get minutes, I'd rather it be someone who can develop into a role player. I expect that Harden and Tucker are going to eat up most of the backup SF minutes.

20. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

This thread made me think of TMac, who retired ages ago.