1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter for Tracy McGrady rumor??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Feb 17, 2009.

1. matac3

matac3 Member

Just read the article on ESPN....
    This would be an awesome deal !

Link:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeTalk-090217

"Speaking of Carter, well-placed league sources say there is a good chance Carter is moved before the trade deadline. San Antonio, Dallas and Cleveland have all been mentioned as possible destinations, but sources say that the emerging dark horse is Houston.

A trade of Carter and Trenton Hassell for Tracy McGrady would achieve two goals for New Jersey: It would get the Nets another $15 million further under the cap in 2010, and it would allow them to remain competitive in the interim.

It appears that the oft-injured McGrady has worn out his welcome in Houston, so it's hard to see why the Rockets wouldn't make that deal. "

2. King901

King901 Member

I dont see this happening at all.

3. joesr

joesr Member

Espn is a bunch of tease's, those bastards.

4. matac3

matac3 Member

I dont as well but it sure would be nice

5. GOAT

GOAT Member

to hell with espn........we all know tracy probaly will not be moved

6. jason2

jason2 Member

amazing deal!

7. rocketsmetalspd

I for one hope this will happens. It makes sense for both parties to get this done. TMac needs to go and the trade helps out NJ in 2010 for their dreams of landing James or Wade.

8. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

I would need to clean myself off if that trade happened

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Everyone realizes this would remove the Rockets from being a player in the magical summer of 2010 free agent market, right?

10. GOAT

GOAT Member

so what........there are only 4 players worth getting come that summer and my thoughts are none of the 4 are coming to houston

11. rocketsmetalspd

Not really they will sign Yao in 2010 and with bad economic times most teams will not be able to afford 2010 FA. Rockets will be wise to trade TMac for VC.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Uh....uh...UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........

Oh, God....

Does anyone have a towel?

13. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

are we willing to give up a chance at a megastar in 2010 and 'go for it' this year with yao, VC and ron? with rafer still at point?

the thought of VC in this line up is very intriguing, but i want to look at the long term here.. i don't think we win the title this year with vince added, so i'd rather try to get a huge FA signing in 2010... this may also mean we sacrifice next year with a sitting mcgrady if/when he gets surgery.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't see any way the Rockets will have a shot at either Lebron or Wade in 2010.

The Rockets will have to compete with the Heat and Cavs at the least, the incumbent teams who can offer the most money, PLUS teams like the Knicks and Nets and maybe Chicago who have much more to offer. Houston is not a very attractive destination.

16. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

i think realistically they would give us najara, sorry for completely misspelling his name, I think they would give us vince and him because they both have 4 year contracts, Im still ok with that trade though

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

More than LeBron & Wade will be free agents that summer. I used the term "magical" to be sarcastic but a boatload of very good players will be unrestricted. Does VC have 2 good years left after this season? I doubt it.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Even if we had to take back Bobby Simmons for Head + Hayes instead of Hassell, I'd make that swap. We aren't players in 2010 no matter what space we generate (like the Pistons).

Evan

19. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

I second this opinion

20. matac3

matac3 Member

The players that are "superstars " that will be free agents in 2010 will be fairly old. There is a hand full that will be under 30.