1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] UNDISPUTED Matt Barnes agrees with Harden about Foster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, Feb 22, 2019.

1. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sign him up, he can play stretch 4 and backup 3

elmotsangtt and HTX Ninja like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Matt Barnes has become an analyst?
    LMAOOOO how lower can these shows fall?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN has T-mac and Pippen
    Fox has to equal them

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This video didn't go far enough. They touched on the rigging then quickly fall back. no ft's in the last 20 minutes of the game is ridiculous.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Very telling given Barnes history with Harden.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I thought Barnes pitched for the Boston Red Sox

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They don't know Foster's history with the Rockets and CP3 the way we do. Which is understandable. They have to cover every team in every league on that show. But the disparity in the Rockets' success in postseason games that Foster does and doesn't officiate is staggering. Obviously he's not the sole or even primary reason they've lost all these games. Game 6 against the Spurs in 2017 had nothing to do with Scott Foster and EVERYTHING to do with Harden no-showing. But his fingerprints are all over the Game 7 loss to the Warriors last season.

And when you see stats like Harden's last two games where he fouled out were 14 months apart and both were officiated by Foster, it's hard to not conclude that something is up. Especially when CP3(who has his own history with Foster) also fouled out last night and the previous game where Harden got 6 fouls was the one they lost to the Clippers that the organization wound up protesting.

Barnes is right that something has to be done, but the question is what? He's right that the league can't realistically ban Foster from Rockets games. Then you'll have every team making similar demands with refs they don't like. I suppose he could be fired outright like Jake O'Donnell was in 1995 after he ejected Clyde in Game 1 against Phoenix, but I don't trust Adam Silver to bring the hammer down the way David Stern did. So what are the alternatives? Because if the league does nothing and this trend continues(especially in the playoffs), then it's only gonna get uglier.

TimDuncanDonaut and delta69er like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ill take him over Battier

10. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

The way they feel about foster was the way I felt about (I believe it was Javis) I think it was him but it seemed like he absolutely hated Hakeem and I couldn’t fathom why....

I remember Hakeem getting pushed down and was trying to get up and I think he may have grabbed the guys legs and he got t’ed.... I was like wtf....

I think Javis... he was a mousey looking guy....

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

NBA will NEVER turn on their own refs. If anything, this will make the league target Rockets even more.

12. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We don't need the usa team players. Sign Matt barnes