1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Tim Ohlbrecht's best game with the Vipers - 29 points, 13 rebounds and 3 blocks

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Video Highlights from Tim Ohlbrecht's 29 point, 13 rebound and 3 block performance vs. Skyforce on January 11th

[youtube]NTOShi74R_w[/youtube]

Read more at Crabdribbles.

1 person likes this.
  2. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

wow. impressive! wunderbar, Herr Ohlbrecht.

Can't wait for Morey to call him up and put him in our games to see how he does PnR with Harden and Lin. :grin:

3. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Why is Jones trying to be a shooter? Every viper game he's shooting 3 pointers.

4. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

To be fair, our offensive system needs our players to be able to shoot 3s. Heck, even D-Mo's 3s helped us in the games.

It seems Jones is not a good shooter. But if he is trying to practice his 3s in the games, I don't have a problem with that as long as he is also developing his defense and rebounds game. ;)

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

hahah I LOVED The announcer. As a 1st generation american (parents are german) I really enjoyed his pronounciation of "OLBRECCCCCCCCCHT" which was spot on! Also, in the beginning he goes "ausgezeichnet, Olbrecht!" which means "outstanding."

now if only the announcers can get "Aaaasik" and "Motiejunas" right, we're in bizness

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Ohlbrecht Highlight video only shows uncontested dunks and layups, anyone can make those. I see one midrange jumper that got a lucky bounce. But not much in the way of post up game. I maybe wrong, but that's what I get from the video, big man with length and strength who can jockey for position inside, not much else.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I lol'ed at the American version of Ausgezeichnet, Ohlbrecht....

I appreciate his scoring in this game with the Vipers playing a more of a balanced and team oriented game

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

true...but its also about getting in position, boxing out, quick/crafty moves to get open and complete the play. Of course 'anyone' can hit layups and get dunks..but then whey aren't all players scoring 29 pts in a game? Shots don't just happen, you have to put yourself in a position to either receive them, clean them up (kind of like Olbrecht) or make shots. Nothing wrong with his game--he's supposed to play in the paint, defend and rebound primarily.

I mean, Dwight Howard gets a lot of dunks and layups, is that a knock on him?

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Very active, blocks out well, defends. I like him.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He looks serviceable at the very least. Another low risk/ high upside move!

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

He's a bit clumsy, but always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Jack-of-all-trades, but particularly great at anything, very smart and unselfish player.

The PF/C version of Chandler Parson.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That was a nice move starting at the 1:21 mark.

13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

He looks like Bill Wennington. Moves a bit like him too?

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

He looks strong, most NBA 7-footers are toothpicks who are easy to bully inside paint by shorter, heftier forwards like Nikola Pekovic or David Lee. I hope Ohlbrecht can hold his ground without fouling like Greg Smith.

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

He looks like he knows what to do on the court. Very fast too. The opposite of Cole Aldrich.