1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Jones highlights vs. Iowa Energy (3/21/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 22, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Jones can also play small forward as well...

2. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I'm pretty sure they want to get this guy in the rotation by the season's end.

3. just a word

just a word Member

and a toe injury, and I think another foot injury. I'm not sure about the wrist, but I do know that he'd also injured his thumb...:(

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I hate reading this... I want a PF that is a PF. Or one that can fill in at C when needed. PFs that can play SF tend to want to drift on the outside hit shoot jumpers. We already had PPat and Morris.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That's the problem, ppl don't like to wait. They want instant gratification. I like Morey but hate that he's so trade happy. Let guys develop here for once. We may regret trading him in the future.

6. PureElement

PureElement Member

I think he might be a better fit than T-Rob right now. 3 point shooting (although still needs a lot of work) and shot blocking (also needs work) are two areas that we could definitely use from our PF position.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Can anyone attest to his aggressiveness on the boards? I feel like he has more skill than T-Robb, but I feel like T-Robb is a better rebounder. I did not watch much of either in college, who do y'all think is a better rebounder and a better defender?

I really feel like the only thing we need to improve on is our rebounding a defense. I never understood why people were high on P Pat's defense and rebounding, I felt like he underachieved considering his athleticism and strength. When he left people hated on the move, saying he was a great rebounder and one of our best defenders, while I think he was a decent defender, I really never felt he was anything but that, decent.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

T-Rob is def. a better rebounder ...no doubt. But Jones probably has more all-around skill to his game. He's much more versatile. But it's hard to make a judgment on who will end up being a better pro. 3 years from now, it will be interesting to look back and see which one is more successful. I will make a bet right now that they both go on to have very good NBA careers.

9. larry cook

larry cook Member

Need you in the line up Big Boi...

10. Anxiety Trooper

Lol Mchale already said he's not incorporating any more new guys this season.

11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

thank you mr dribbles I like your updates. I always try to visit your page when you post videos here instead of just watching them embedded. Hope it helps!

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's looking so much better than he was in the beginning of the season. His moves look a lot more crisp. I wonder what his defense is looking like these days. I'll be watching the game on saturday online. Go Vipers!

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

That's what the Rockets want their power forwards to be able to do with the offense they run, but Jones can put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket and finish above the rim _ HUGE difference.

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Wow dudes tearing it up.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Jones > DMo > T-Rob

16. Rocket_Man_2.0

Get this guy some playing time..our bench is terrible!!:eek:

17. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Thanks! I really do appreciate the support, it helps a lot.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That play at 0:30 of the video is insane.

Props to Adam Wexler (I believe) on 790am for pointing this out, but RGV shot 80% from inside the 3 point line this game. lol. That D-League D rocks.

19. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

d-leaguers are trash.

this should make it clear how bad royce white was... even if he looked promising.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

kinda a Jsmoove light anyone?