1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Jones Highlights 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's interesting to watch how Terrence Jones scores. He's got the body for a four, but he plays so much like a three ... not anything we don't already know, but I'd like to see him develop more of his inside game. He loves to fake the three-pointer and then take his defender to the basket. A lot of his field goals were from the outside:

• Hits a 15-footer
    • Hits a three-pointer
    • Nice slam (1:10 mark) when he goes hard to the "hool" :)
    • Back-t-back drives and floaters
    • Strong basket in the paint, but not off a post-up (1:52)
    • Gets his own board off a miss and putback
    • Hits a 17-footer
    • Hits a 13-footer
    • pull-up from 17-feet
    • pull-up from 15-feet

There was a little friction too (3:16 mark). He faked his man with a three attempt, then drove and was intentionally fouled. They got in each other's faces, exchanged a few words, then Jones reached out for a high-five to clear the air.

[youtube]qbSbjcBoYro[/youtube]

Props again to CrabDribbles.com for providing this.
    http://www.crabdribbles.com/terrence-jones-wraps-up-series-vs-bighorns-with-another-big-night/

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Terrence Jones is just beautiful. We need him in our line up right now, pretty desperately. I hate McHale right now! :(

Mr. D

3. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Thanks clutch! Love Terrence Jones' work!

4. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Why aren't we calling up this guy...

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

He has such a unique style.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Cant be worse than PPat and Morris

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I don't know if I like my pf shooting floaters. Otherwise, he look okay.

8. NotChandlerParsons

I'm curious what you guys who have been following him think about his jumper. I've heard it described as "raw." Is he a consistent midrange shooter?

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

Watching this just makes me angry! Why must we suffer with PPat/Morris when we have this prodigy? It doesn't make sense!

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

Morey has to keep sending him down to the D-league because Mchale won't play him!!

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Given our current lack of depth at SF, I'm starting to think maybe we shouldn't groom T-Jones to be strictly just a PF.

I mean he has the skill set that allows him to play either forward position, they just need more refinement. Heck, he could be what Morris was supposed to be...

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Because he can get more playing time at RGV. This year doesn't mean anything to the Rockets, they aren't going to be a contender. The Rockets may be trying to move PPat and Morris, so they want them to be part of the rotation to enhance trade value. TJones is probably viewed as their top young Power forward prospect, so it is better for him to develop by getting minutes in RGV rather than sit on the bench for the Rockets while PPat and Morris are playing. If we make some trades at the trade deadline, it may open up a spot in the rotation for TJones with the Rockets.

It's important to remember the Rockets are much more concerned about building a team that can be a contender next year and the years after that, rather than what they do this week or next week. Many trades and changes in the roster are coming in the next twelve months I suspect, so where TJones is playing right now isn't very important. He just needs to play.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

honestly he looks like he needs a ton of work to me. Don't think he'd be successful right now even if he got time at the big leagues..

14. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Best power forward on the roaster. He is why I don't think the Rockets are going to trade for a big name power forward.

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

DD?????

16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Whoa that shot selection is a bit ridiculous. Floaters? Turnaround baseline jumpers? Is he a PF or Wade? Jones looks pretty good though. Does work on the glass, nice numbers. Most big men don't have a post-game these days anyway, would be interesting to have him in our rotation as long as McHale didn't just camp him at three.

17. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

There won't be plays called for him and no silly floaters. Just get him to shoot the mid-range J, move without the ball and make timely cuts to the rim and work on the glass and he'd be great - definitely not difficult for him to learn.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think it's awesome that he can make floaters. He's obviously a face-up scorer, so that fits into his game well. Being able to penetrate and finish in a variety of ways is a strength.

I'm still not sold on him as an outside shooter though. I just don't like his slow release or how he positions his feet when he takes a set shot. It bothers me and makes me think he'll never be a reliable shooter. I hope I'm wrong, but I've never seen a guy angle his body that way and be a good shooter.

[​IMG]

Does anyone else see it or am I insane?

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

He has one of the slowest releases I've seen in a while. Reminds me of Raef Lafrentz.

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I think mcfu%#boy is just being a hoe about the situation. He probably didnt want Jones so he doesnt want to play him. I bet if the little biatch that is tweeting bewell to everybody would be getting playing time because Mctubesuck wanted him.