1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Tulsa 66ers (3/26/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Royce White highlights vs. Tulsa 66ers:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0IpLvjM73LI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Read more of my analysis at Crabdribbles.

4 people like this.
  2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Can't stand him, he looks good in D-League but I don't care how good he may become- I don't want him

I commend you but I just don't see why anyone would waste their time and /life making a White d-league highlight video.

T.Jones upside puts White to shame

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Man, you'd be lucky to slide a sheet of paper under him when he "jumps"

4. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

@ :54, announcer doesn't remember the guy's name for a minute, lol. And what's with the b**** move at 1:08?

5. LAC

LAC Member

He's in better shape. The shot also looks better. The one thing that hasn't change is you don't really see him with much body contact with his teammates.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

This man is a genius on the basketball court. He really has a very cerebral and methodical way of playing the game. Unfortunately, as much as he is that with a basketball, he is the exact opposite in his everyday life. Dude is a basketball rain man. I wonder if somebody dropped a box of toothpicks around him if he would instantaneously know how many were on the floor. Probably would work better with a huge box of chicken nuggets the more I think about it lol. 246 chicken nuggets!

#6 vator, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  7. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Royce White and Terrence Jones really seem to play well together.

They'll do very positive things in another team's uniform.

8. LAC

LAC Member

Exactly what I see. The only player that Royce White has chemistry with is Terrence Jones.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

White is an idiot. If we trade Jones, we will regit it.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Royce's ego. Terrence may be the only guy that he thinks is on his level since he has an NBA contract and was also a 1st round pick. Plus they played together in summer league with D-Mo, Lamb, and Machado where they dominated. He knows Terrance has mad game and respects that. The other guys in his mind probably range from scrubs to wannabe end of the bench fringe players.

11. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

White truly has rare 3d vision on court and his unselfish!

He has nba elite vision and passing skills.

Best passer and vision on the rockets.

Dude boxer out and rebound at high level.

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

13. Rocket_Man_2.0

Agree! Such a shame...these guys really would've helped our bench.:(

14. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Good court vision for a big man, kind of remind me of the Mail Man in passing the ball if not in other offensive skills.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

yeah vs dleaguers

16. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

And the saga continues, Royce is human and makes questionable decisions, while the 9-5 blue collar workers get their panties in a bunch because they never did anything stupid in their life :rolleyes:.

You want to cry about kids going hungry while Royce makes money, why don't you go volunteer or something than bombing his twitter. Ouch...

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The guy can't jump so he's better off getting stronger/faster and adapting to the PF position. He seems to have a knack for rebounding and excellent natural strength. If it was possible to ignore his off court issues, this guy has the potential to be a really unique and special PF for the Rockets. A PF who can hold fort with strong PF's and keep up with quick PF's, pass the ball, rebound, and (when in shape) run.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... if Royce is able to optimize his fitness and develop a post game, he can be starting PF in the NBA who would inifinitely accelerate our running game.

Particularly for our team, where we seem to have a highly structured defense and a highly free-flowing offense, he could flourish.

Obviously, this comes with the big IF we all know. As always, I remain confident that White and the Rockets will emerge out of this mess making each other better by learning from what has happened. IMO he will show up to came next season in excellent shape and ready to make amends. This season is unfortunately only about him shedding lbs, getting a feel for NBA atmosphere and getting acquainted with the Rockets overall organization.

I'm impressed with what I've seen. I didn't even expect him to do well in D League because from my limited observation, players with unique skills don't shine in the NBDL as much as prototypes. I hope he finds a way to gel with his teammates and go to the playoffs.

18. munco

munco Member

I love his vision and his unselfishness with the ball. Not sure if he's athletic enough at the NBA level though.

I still can't believe T Jones can't get any minutes with the Rockets though. It was odd seeing T Jones making so many plays on the perimeter in that clip too

19. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

His the best playmaker On the roster.

If he ever learn to shoot mid range or 3 he would be a monster.

Don't worry about high he jumps, his strength and brains are enough.

He sure can box out and rebound.

20. seeingred

seeingred Member

i've stopped paying attention to his off the court stuff entirely - going to judge him by what he does on the court. obviously having Jones on the team has improved White's ability - royce is a playmaker and Jones is a hell of a finisher. Judging solely by what i'm seeing on the court, these two could be a big help off the bench next year. If Jones can guard the 3, would love to see a Jones/White/Greg Smith line up for the second unit. Boards, Blocked Shots, and a truckload of cuts to the rim.

there's a lot of IF's for white, as DD pointed out in another thread. IF he gets his head straight, IF he becomes a team player, IF he gets a jump shot, IF he gets in shape, IF he learns to finish at the rim, etc.

That's why we've kept him under contract. to see if the IF's pan out. to see if this kid can become a man.