1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Austin Toros (3/6/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Asik
    White
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

Everyone in that lineup except Asik can handle the ball, penetrate, and dish! :eek:

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gotta long way to go before he can make it to an NBA rotation.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't see him getting minutes with the Rockets until April.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

rofl he whines too much when he doesnt get the call

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He looks really fat. And his ball handling is overrated, underwhelming, especially since that is the skillset he's most reliant upon.

His rebounding style won't be effective in the nba either. Dude hardly gets off the ground.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

dude whines a ton and made 1 "quality" move in that highlight. Far from rotation ready

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's showing improvement and he's still getting in shape. The only huge knock I see is that he argues with refs way too much. He's going to get banged around and not get calls in the NBA initially, so he needs to get used to that. Watching him run on breaks is incredible. The guy has to be around 270 pounds right now and he's pushing the ball up and finding the open guy pretty well. He needs to be able to stick an open jumper just like Jason Kidd learned he needed to do.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

He must have been spending time with Aldrich (before he got traded) and worked on his rebounds.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

waste of a pick.

10. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Good game but still has a long way to go.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, then I'm pretty sure it's going to be a wasted pick. I don't think anyone that currently plays in the D-League is going to be the next Barkley of Lebron.

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

A mid teens pick needs to be Lebron or Sir Charles? Lol

13. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Really? I was thinking not until next year. He doesn't look in anywhere near the shape to play in the NBA let alone our style.

14. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

a realistic expectation of a guy picked 18 should be Patrick Patterson, something I think White has a half decent shot at approaching, talent wise he has it in him obviously, but there is a more than insignficant chance of his head sabotaging that.

15. MonKing

MonKing Member

This. Looks like a basketball player out there now, not a former-basketball player. Stares way too much at the refs after every play that doesn't go his way. Clearly has a long way to go on learning to control his emotions.

Don't know if it's just the d-league competition but he looks really strong in the post. Never gets moved by anyone.

16. NotChandlerParsons

That jumper is so gross. At least he's not out of breath after 5 minutes in this one.

17. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I see potential. Definitely not at an NBA level yet. He is way out of shape. But he has things you can't teach - court vision, strong, rebounds.... He just has to apply himself and be consistent and he could be a descent player.

18. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

If he can commit himself to turning that fat into muscle and works on his game this coming offseason he's got a shot to be a hell of a player in the NBA. He obviously has rare talent given his dribbling ability and passing. Maybe working with Hakeem will do wonders for his game.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's a good gamble by Morey.

If someone could get his head screwed on straight he'll be a huge force on this team.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol love it, haters are running out of things to hate.

His fitness seems to have improved. I think his rebounding and passing will translate to NBA after he refines his game. Right now, I'm just glad he's learning ball with a coaching staff and shedding some weight. Definitely looking up for him.