1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video Project: How to appreciate James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Siu0410, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

Bingo. That's exactly what it should be like.
    Thank you guys. I'm loving the positivity and resources that this thread is bringing to the table :thumbsup:

xaos likes this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

Stats alone won't work to change hearts and minds. They're crazy, but that sort of argument just gets too sterile, and people will accuse you of cherrypicking as they go looking for their own cherrypicked stats to counter.

I agree with others: quotes from players and coaches speak much louder. And I agree with @joshuaao as well: show the cerebral Harden that knows when to be a tank, when to be a sniper, when to be a ninja, when to be fieldmarshal for others, etc. Show multiple examples of each and show them in slow and normal speed. People don't realize how much is going on in real time, but when you slow it down, it's shocking what he's doing.

Also, don't forget to mention that he's always near the top of the league in steals and is THE elite post defender in the NBA. That last part is so criminally underrated.

In a recent interview, Harden told Cayleigh something like "I know I'm built for it, so that's what I do." I butchered that, but the point is that Harden knows exactly what he and as his body are capable of and uses every bit of that to gain greater and greater advantage as time goes on. He's been legendarily good, and he's getting BETTER. But you gotta slow it down and ask the right people to really absorb what that really means.

D-rock, joshuaao and Siu0410 like this.
  3. bongman

bongman Member

Imho, focus on points per possesion. Including hockey assists as well. Show that if Harden is allowed to handle the ball, the TEAM scores the most per possesion