1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video of Scola and Martin's response towards dead trade deal!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Appreciate the professionalism from these guys.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

SCOLA IS A FCKING BOSS.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I wish Kevin Martin could stay. I really do. We need a guy who can score. I cringe at thinking what could happen. Do you remember the squad JVG had year after year that could not score points? We have to be careful.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

F professionalism, why aren't they just honest...
    see billups thread for understanding

5. cookies18

cookies18 Member

True! I bet you Kevin Martin wants to cuss out morey and the Rockets organization.

But as for Scola, i think he is forreal. You gotta love scola. Worth the money.

6. HPD

HPD Member

Keep scola trade mary martins

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Every player knows they can be traded at any time. Its not like they are being fired and not being paid. And honestly, its not like going from Houston to NO is a huge drop.

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I LOVE Scola. He is THE man. Period. Full stop. The end. Rocket forever.

1 person likes this.
  9. cod

cod Member

It sounds like they told Scola he's getting moved.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Thabeet seems smart, I just don't want to accept that this guy will fail...

he's not dumb, has the athletic ability, he just needs to be thought!

11. mario713

mario713 Rookie

SCOLA is freakin AWESOME!!! and Martin will get over it!!! i dont understand why they wouldnt feel flattered that they are being mentioned in trades.. i mean you trade for good and great players not for trash players.

12. Seth

Seth Member

I´ll post some quotes Scola made to "Ole, Argentinean Newspaper" so you can understand him a little bit.
    The title of the piece is "I felt a bit Stupid"

http://www.ole.com.ar/basquet/senti-tonto_0_605939696.html

Some extracts are:

About his day
    "It was a weird day. I was always at home, quiet. But it was different. One has to understand that the NBA is a business. It wasn´t socrazy that move, in the same trade there were involved some players with bigger contracts and dimension than myself. This league usually has a lot of movement, and there are rules that incentivate trades. We (Argentines) have a lot of soccer influence (were trades are much more unusual and different) and mabe we cannot comprehend it completelly. But the american publicin general like the idea of trades"

About how he felt:
    "I was very into this franchise, their colors, the city and the people. I really felt a little stupid. I don´t want this to be missunderstood, but i flet stupid aboput myself. Even when nothing took me by surprise. I know how this business is. I shouldn´t have involved so much with this team. It was like a reality check" he said. And he closed, " It´s not that i´m mad or anything. I knew how the story was, but now that i was part of it, i took it diferently. Yesterday i talked with some Rockets organization members and confirmed that evrything was fine, that i am not mad. What i am going to say? I am happy to be here, and to be part of the NBA. I won´t be negative about this."

Cheers

13. VBG

VBG Member

What?

Imagine if you worked for a company and they were like "oh we're trading you to a company in completely different city. So just relocate and be professional all right?"

That has got to be annoying.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Minus the newly signed players (from what I remember) Kobe is one of the few if not the only player who has the no trade clause in his contract, where he can literally dictate where he decides to get traded to. (see before Pau)

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Well if you look at it that way, yes you have to uproot, but its not like NBA players aren't aware of the situation. It sucks to be traded having to go from one place to another. Billups has been traded a few times over the last few years strictly based on based on his salary and him not being a bonafide all star at his position (anymore) but remember they get paid MILLIONS of dollars.

It's disappointing to say the least but it's in their job description (to play basketball to the team that you're on). If you get traded to a team you don't prefer most times you can force a team to redeal you but everyone should be prepared to be traded. No where in the contract that they sign states that you must remain on a team until you retire.

Good luck to Martin, Scola, and whomever they decide to trade if they feel that its in their best interest too. Don't feel too bad about them having to pack up and move, they're all making more money than most middle class citizens will every be able to fathom making in their lifetime.

16. VBG

VBG Member

It kind of sucks to work for someone who's tried to get rid of you.

That's all I'm saying

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

They are professionals and will be fine if they were to remain as Rockets.

18. halfling131

halfling131 Member

I don't think Kmart made it clear enough that he just wants to become a better player.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the players are thinking of it like this. I would think of it like this though..

My team doesn't necessarily want to get rid of me, another team wants me.

It's not like Morey is sitting there dealing with the Hornets saying "Here, Take Martin PLEASE and Scola yeah take that scrub as well."

It's more like Demps saying "We aren't doing this deal without these two guys."

And Morey is simply willing to get rid of them for what he is receiving. Players should look at it like that...unless they are Billups and unceremoniously cut from the team before the season starts...