1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] New Persona Game(s) Revealed Tomorrow (11/24)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Nov 23, 2013.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/19/major-persona-announcement-coming-weekend/
    As the article mentions, Atlus has had a stream going on over the last few days. I haven't really followed it too closely (it is in Japanese after all), but I believe it has mostly been recapping things from previous Persona games (though P3 and P4 specifically I think). At midnight though (Tokyo time), the Midnight Channel would appear, and we'd get a little tease of something. Seemed to be train stations (real ones, not in-game or anything), followed up with some screens at these stations I believe.

I think the current thought is that Atlus will reveal their announcement at these screens. The countdown is scheduled for 5AM central time I believe. I mentioned "games(s)" in the title since it sounded like Atlus was teasing multiple reveals. Possibly 3 I believe. This is definitely a big deal for them, so I'm pretty sure it is an actual Persona 5 (or something along those lines), and not just a Persona side-story/port/etc., although we may get that too.

I think I might actually wake up early (or stay up late?) to check it out. I'm pretty hyped about this. :)

NeoGAF thread about the stream:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719897

The stream itself is at Nicovideo, which is all in Japanese and I think requires registration, but there are some Twitch streams that seem to be streaming the stream (just hope they don't cross the streams). For example:
    http://www.twitch.tv/smartjason

2. RC Cola

For anyone who is interested, here's a summary:

- New P3/P4 cross-over for 3DS. Seems like it might be by Etrian Odyssey team. June 2014 IIRC (in Japan).
    - P4 Arena sequel for PS3 (Summer 2014)
    - Some Persona dancing game for Vita.
    - A short tease of Persona 5. PS3 Winter 2014. No gameplay or anything really shown, just some words hinting at the themes I guess.

That probably wasn't worth waking up this early for....but at least P5 is confirmed now (and it isn't for a handheld/smartphone). I was going to be pissed if this was only for those other games (even though I knew none of them were by the main Persona team, and they've definitely been working on something over the years).

Oh, already up on Youtube. Here's the teaser:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2mZssK05WYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. RC Cola

Not much, but there was a bit of info about the game from a Japanese magazine:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722992
    Also, apparently the dancing game is canon. Takes place after the new fighting game I think.

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

They should make P5 for PS4. Don't know why they would only release it on PS3.

5. RC Cola

Bigger userbase (especially for Persona fans). Persona 4 came out on PS2, almost 2 years after the PS3 was released.

Of course, most PS3s could play the game, so that's a bit different. It also probably wouldn't be too difficult to port the game to PS4, while it probably would have been difficult to get P4 on PS3 at the time.

I actually expect the game to be playable, somehow, on PS4, especially if the system takes off (in Japan in particular). Would be a great game to show off Remote Play for Sony (so I'm guessing they'd be fine helping with that and co-marketing the game).

But for now, it is a PS3 game.