1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] E3 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Jun 1, 2012.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So...I figure there's going to be a lot of threads for the new games and news coming about next week. Why not start here?

E3 last year was an incredible disappointment, I'm expecting a lot of big stuff here. We'll finally get to see the Wii U in action (or Nintendo is going to continue failing), all the new fall games coming out, etc.

Nifty. I love how they keep adding features to the 360, that's one reason I'm not entirely pissed off at being on my third one.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/microsoft-to-announce-airplay-esque-smart-glass-app-at-e3-for/

2. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I hope they have some kind of Left 4 Dead news like an actual release date for the DLC or a new game announcement.

3. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They won't show it at E3.

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Yeah, better that than having to buy a new console every 3 years.

6. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

HL3
    Skyrim DLC

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Need to see/read more about Smart Glass (misread the news first, and thought it was a new tablet, which confused me), but yeah, seems pretty cool. Love to see more integration with the consoles and smartphone/tablets/etc.

E3 seems less exciting in recent years. Guess this year could be good though. Some UE4 stuff, and perhaps hints at "next-gen" in general.

Don't know if you guys have followed it, but the Sony-Cloud Gaming rumors have been fun. Seems like it will be less exciting/interesting than was once speculated though (seems like it might just be used to play PS1/PS2 games). Think there was speculation about Sony buying OnLive/Gaikai (or hell...OnLive/Gaikai buying Sony...would it be that unreasonable given their financial situation?), and not even releasing a new console. Or not a traditional console anyway.

Various game trailers release recently. I can post them later (a bit busy now, maybe others can too?), but Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2, Metal Gear Rising, and probably others I'm forgetting. The Skyrim DLC was shown off, plus detailed recently. Some Halo 4 first looks/leaks. Apparently new Gears game in the next GameInformer (also likely at E3 I imagine). Etc. Etc.

Also, SMT4 for 3DS. Not E3 related exactly, but further confirming I need to get a 3DS.

If Bungie is at E3, someone should ask them how pissed off they are right now.

I hope the conferences aren't 95% Kinect/Move/gimmicky crap, but I should know better than to expect anything different.

Also:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jjal3E6-sk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    (it is fake, but that was fun, wasn't it?)

8. A00man

A00man Member

Metal Gear Rising E3 Trailer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2ONT6-8B94Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tomb Raider E3 Trailer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ol_-QGlwRqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think Bungie will have a real presence there this year. They claimed they weren't going to. I hope Respawn announces their game finally. Metal Gear Solid Rising looks badassssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

10. RC Cola

Oh yeah, you're right. I keep forgetting that so many companies are ditching E3 these days. Always seemed like a forgone conclusion that these big names would be there (well...GTA/Rockstar haven't had a big E3 presence for years, but besides that).

Someone still needs to ask them. Maybe they'll be at the adult expo next door, relieving all their stress (they usually have those going on right? Or am I thinking of CES?).

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Is there still a chance a new Xbox could be announced at the MS Presser at E3 this year?

12. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Sony and Microsoft have both gone on record that they will not be presenting anything next gen at this E3.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To the old people here:

Do you guys have anytime to play these long as games now?

The only game that I play with any consistency is Modern Warfare. Everything else takes too much time to invest. I did buy Skyrim and wasted a bunch of hours shooting deer and shooting fireballs out of my hands.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Bummer.

Oh well, hope there's something next summer.

15. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Can someone explain why bungie is pissed off now

16. RC Cola

Due to the lawsuit going on at Activision with the ex-Infinity Ward guys, they ended up having their game plans for the next 8 years or so revealed. Stealing from NeoGAF:
    Something like a week or so later, Activision settled (why they didn't do that originally, avoiding revealing information like that, I don't know).

Actually, partly because of that info, I wouldn't be completely surprised if we saw something with a 360 successor at E3. Bungie could just be going off of speculation, but if their game will be for the 360 and 720, and it will be out in 2013 (and the PS3 version, coming out later due to timed exclusivity, would be released in 2014), doesn't seem unreasonable that we might see something soonish. Sony and MS did deny having any plans to reveal anything, but they pretty much always do that IIRC.

1 person likes this.
  17. ScriboErgoSum

There are so many consistent rumors about PS4 next fall. I'd say Sony will be showing the new console heavily next E3. Microsoft won't be far behind. I'd peg Sony at 99% at E3 2013 and M$ at 95%.

18. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Thanks didn't know this happened. I pretty much have zoned out with diablo 3. Someone should a print of these copies out and lay them all over the Bungie booth.

19. ScriboErgoSum

I don't have that much time so I only play a few games a year. I find that downloaded smaller games are perfect for my schedule. I work full time, have two small kids, and my wife works 65+ hours a week. I wish I had time sit down with a grand theft auto, red dead redemption, skyrim, or dark souls, but the time commitment is too daunting. I started to play fallout 3 and abandoned when I realized it would take me a year to beat.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm really excited to see the Wii U in action. I've been holding out on buying a 3DS since I have a feeling they may announce a redesign at E3.

Hopefully the new God of War game is playable. Also, just heard about this new Injustice game that looks pretty cool.