1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone get their hands on the game early in Houston?

3. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Picked it up yesterday. It's early, but I think it has the potential to be the best NCAA ever made.

4. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Let me know if anyone has a 360 dynasty that needs one more. I need an excuse to buy it, and online is it.

5. junglerules

junglerules Member

Very very good game....a few minor glitches but I'm sure they'll get patched. Overall it looks and plays great.

Add me on PS3 if anyone wants. My username is: ry_bil

Working on some rosters, but I'm sure the ones online will be done far before mine are.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What are the glitches?

7. Poloshirtbandit

I did the free shipping through Dell thing so hopefully I get the game soon.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya best NCAA ever. NCAA 04 was too easy on offense.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I did the Dell offer too... mine came in late yesterday. Great game. Anyone interested in a PS3 online dynasty?

10. Poloshirtbandit

I'm not a fan of playing sports games online, but I guess I'm willing to give it a try this year if a CF league starts up on PS3.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I've bought every NCAA for the last 5 years but I'm somewhat hesitant to buy 11 since the game hasn't changed a whole lot since then.

Can anyone give some insight on the new features of 11? I'm not too interested in the different modes available but rather interested in the actual gameplay.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gameplay=amazing. Go get it. Best NCAA ever. This coming from someone who has purchased all of them and has been disappointed since next gen. Best NCAA ever.

The consensus: http://www.operationsports.com/vBul...ay-game-best-ncaa-football-game-all-time.html

13. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I'll parrot what Ziggy said. I've purchased every iteration of NCAA since around 2004, except for last years version. I purchased NCAA 09 on PS3 and returned it to the store the next week because I was so disgusted by the gameplay that still lagged well behind the PS2 versions.

I didn't even buy it last year because I read the gameplay hadn't changed much, and I pledged to be very critical with each version that came out since then and to not buy it until they improved the gameplay. I bought it this year and I have been very impressed so far.

I guess it would help if we knew how you define good gameplay in regards to NCAA, as it can mean different things to different people.

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

It's coming through mail.

I got it for both PS3 and XBOX 360 for only $15 combined! :eek:

Which platform should I keep it for?

15. Poloshirtbandit

I haven't really played NCAA since 07 on PS2. Like the other poster, I bought 09 for PS3 and returned it a week later. I'd say download the demo and see how you like it. I loved the demo and reading the reviews I'm really hyped to play it.

16. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

How? Please tell.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Like you said, the gameplay hasn't changed much at all (if any) for a while now so that's my biggest concern with the series. For instance, the playbook has remained virtually the same, the same plays are guaranteed to work (i.e. lead to big yardage, sacks, etc...) year after year, punt return TDs are almost imossible, AI making impossible plays to keep game close, etc...

Of course it doesn't help that I play against the computer and beating up on the likes of ULM and Rice can be very repetitive. I guess my biggest concern is buying the exact same game with updated rosters, which is what I feel like I've been doing since NCAA 05.

18. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Great game. Locomotion engine is great. Better balance and it's fun to run the ball.

19. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Bidding website.

:)

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Which one?