1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] - EA Sports NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Stack24, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

So anyone gonna buy this game? You can download a demo of th game for PC. I always love the carerr and season modes on all my games like Madden, NBA 2k, Fifa...I tend to love the offseason deals a lot more than playing the game because you basically control things like a GM.

I might have to pick this game up and see how it is...anyone else gonna get it?

http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach/index.jsp

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I tried the demo and didn't like it.

Too much micro-management of stuff that is -really- silly.

The franchise mode and dynasty mode in NCAA/Madden are all I need to get my manager fix.

And if you can't actually PLAY with the team you put together, what is the point!?

3. Stack24

I guess some people like the whole managment aspect of it like OOTP or Small Ball, they want to manage the whole faranchise from year to year and not actually have to play every game...granted you could just simulate seasons in Madden and get to offseason stuff....

4. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I've bought the game and I've already logged over 20 hours into it. The game has quite a few bugs and the interface isn't so great, but I love the concept of the game and I having a lot of fun with it.

btw stack... do a search before starting new threads...

5. Stack24

I usually do...this one i just posted quick cause it came to mind and i was checking out so I forgot to search....if it's been posted then lock it up...no biggie.

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I played the PC demo and it ran like ****, so I may just get it for PS2. I wish it was on DS or PSP though.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I will skip this and get NCAA 07 on July 18. I would rather play with the/a team than control all the aspects of it. As somebody said earlier, the franchise mode in Madden is enough.

8. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i'm a simulation nerd (civilizaton I-IV, frontpage sports, ootp...ect), so this a welcome sight for such a crappy year so far for console video game titles...

9. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

anyone have it and care to tell us about it...positives and negatives?

ive played madden for years and half the time i just simulate the games for 5ish seasons, just focusing on the offseason work. its fun that way sometimes, change of pace, to do some gm work and work up to the team, YOUR tam, you can win with.

i would be interested to read anything anyone has to say on it.

stack get it yet?

10. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

I got it and to put it simple, it's very frustrating and too much micromanaging.

To start off though, it's a great concept. If they keep the franchise and work towards improving the interface and gameplay, this game can be awesome.

Game Analysis: The game is very frustrating. You can only do certain things per day and there's a limit to it. One day, they'll let you contact free agents but you're only allowed to contact up 3 a day. After that you gotta move on to the next day and so on and so forth (imagine doing that for free agents, scouting players, trading players).

It took me an hour just to interview my assistant coaches. Once you get into the actual gameplay, it's okay but definitely can be improved upon. One thing that I appreciate out of madden is the opportunity to the zoom out on the field before hiking the ball so I can read the defense. With Head Coach though, there's 4-5 different views that you can choose from (none which help out at all).

Overall, the game is definitely not worth buying for me whatsoever. I was excited about micromanaging a team (picking Vince 1st, etc...) but this is considered supermicromanaging. Hopefully EA will fix the problems.