1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Dishonored debut trailer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

http://www.dishonored.com/

"Dystopian Steampunk Bloodbath" - Forbes.com

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E1HlYTukh9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

no actual gameplay huh

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Reminds me a little of Bioshock for some reason.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It's just a debut trailer, but I wouldn't worry too much about gameplay. It's being developed by some of the same people who made Thief: Deadly Shadows and Deus Ex. Sounds promising to me.

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Actually, I think the only link to those games is Harvey Smith, who is co-lead designer of the game I believe. And actually, he didn't even work on Thief (that somehow got misreported). He has an OK record, although some duds too (he had similar control in Deus Ex Invisible War and Blacksite Area 51 as he will in Dishonored I think, unlike his positions in games like Deux Ex 1 and System Shock).

Not that I think this means the game will be bad or anything. Arkane Studios has done some interesting stuff, the concept seems good, and hopefully Bethesda backs it well (though I've not been very impressed by their history in games not developed in-house). I'm looking forward to seeing more.

That's intentional I believe.

Here's a video from a little while back, providing more details and a bit more gameplay:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zze1wpwVl7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

The dev's did Bioshock 2.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Well, they helped make it. 2K Marin was the primary developer for BioShock 2 (and of course, they based their work on what Irrational did). Though seems like Arkane did a lot of stuff like level design and art, so they would still be very familiar with making something like it.

Yes, I like to nitpick. :eek:

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Revenge solves everything. From the makers of Drive Angry.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey that is my buddies game - looking good too, go Raphael go!

DD