1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 11, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also patch 1.05 fixed the HDR
    It’s legit HDR now .

2. tinman

Supporting Member

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd rather hear impressions of people here playing than impressions of other impressions I've read online.

Unless project rekt also tricked you into a bait n switch impression?!?

Blatz likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Game has some bugs, but the shading is amazing...

[​IMG]

BigM, bobloblaw, larsv8 and 5 others like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

It has been really good , the story .
    I had some weird stuff like there was this dude sitting in the car but he was floating above his seat and not on the seat .

the NPCs are pretty dumb.
    Lots of options to customize your characters weapons and abilities.

also it’s fun chopping people up with a samurai sword

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Customization / clothing in this game is kinda useless considering the game is mainly played from a first person PoV and so are cutscenes. Kind of a blessing in disguise though because there's no transmog so my character looks like an absolute clown.

Story is good, graphics are great with a relatively new card. City + AI is definitely no GTA, or even something like Watch Dogs. But its still a good game throughout. That massive and unrealistic levels of hype though left a lot of people feelings betrayed / bitter -- totally understandable especially since they released a completely broken game for some console players.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Finally got around to playing it.

Certainly not a bad game, but they bit off far more than they can chew. In their effort to do everything, they failed to really dominate in anything. It barely qualifies as an RPG, and it's not a particularly good FPS either.

They should have concentrated on a smaller, more focused game. And then jumped right into building upon it for a next gen sequel. There was too much here to straddle generations like this.

RedRedemption likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Playing on the new Xbox and I’m actually enjoying the game. Not as polished as it should be though. Reminds me of Fallout.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

10. Beezy

Beezy Member

Well done video that calls out the lies CDPR threw out concerning CP2077 and how craptacular the AI and other aspects of the game are.

#230 Beezy, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    RC Cola likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Bumping this to eat some crow. Well sorta.

I still think the game was horrible mismanaged, and even with all of the patches, they've been unable to deliver some of the things they marketed would be in the game. I re-watched that one video (CDPR are all Liars!), and yep, some big things are still missing from the game (though others seem fixed/added). I'm somewhat willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on some of the content stuff that received criticism (trans/racial issues), but they really should have done better. Marketing guys at CDPR really screwed things up IMO (along with management).

After playing the game for 60+ hours, I have to say I really enjoyed it. This is on PC after ~2 years of patches, so things are much more polished. Still saw some bugs/glitches, but the majority were presentation issues that could usually be ignored. I kinda forgot all the hype and went in somewhat "blind." I played it like it was an open-world Deus Ex (or a Cyberpunk themed Witcher game...in first person), and yeah, it is pretty damn great if you go in with those expectations. I'd put it on par with something like Witcher 3, maybe even better if you're way more into this kind of stuff. I'm definitely interested in the upcoming DLC.

My controversial take: Cyberpunk 2077 > Elden Ring.

(both devs need to work out a lot of issues though....or maybe collaborate)

peleincubus likes this.