1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Danuel House (27 points) Highlights vs. Iowa Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, Feb 22, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think I read something like march 24th

It I don't even wanna think about it ; it's too depressing .

Like we are seriously thinking that he's gonna help us after not playing NBA basketball for 4 months .... I mean he might ... and that's even sadder because we could have had him the whole time if not for LT concerns .

Also I'm guessing , but we totally could have had him long term if we had offered some of the MLE .

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, March 24th is the day teams can recall 2-ways tax-free, due to GLeague season ending. He’d still be a 2way, and not playoff eligible.

We can convert him right now and stay under the cap, as you can glean from this @BimaThug tweet.

but apparently we still think we can get a buyout, or we refuse to convert and will only accept him signing a multi year deal.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

No he does not, we have Gordon, CP and Capela, and Faried despite how bad he is on defense is pretty good on offense as a rim runner. Our offense has been potent pretty much for the whole season. Except for the first quarter of the season.

Yea we need two way wings but more emphasis on defense because we are number 2 in the league on offense bro.

That’s not true and if we’re true we would rank way lower on offense, again check season 15-16.

Yea that’s happens a few games but there’s also been games where dudes were shooting well and we’ve blown people out see Utah, Sacramento, Denver games. This team has consistently been bad on defense time and time again.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yikes .

I think since we traded for shump , we are probably evaluating Houses potential contributions to the team this year as having less value than locking him up long term .

If we call him up and he plays well then we are less likely to be able to retain him .

I think at this point we are purposefully burying House in hopes of improving our chances of keeping him next season .

Which I don't like . I think it might make sense in terms of keeping him .... but if I was House this tactic would make me not want to play for the rockets again .

Which then takes us into a discussion of "he should be happy to make minimum " "how much leverage does House really have?" And "he could have accepted the rockets contract earlier" and yada yada yada

There is blame on both sides for the negotiation not turning out well . But I think it's clear the rockets never offered more than the minimum... and it took them time to offer guaranteed years as well . So I would say House is well within his rights to ask the rockets to honor his current contract .

The rockets then made a decision to take advantage of that contract (IMO to the detriment of the team ) in order to try and force House to accept their offer or risk losing the ability to build value as he heads into FA .

So long story short ... I think the rockets are refusing to convert him over hoping we are gonna get a buyout .

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Danuel-san with the headband

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Given the limited options to acquire players next season (no picks, no cap room = Mle and vet mins) I would be fine with upping the offer on a multi year for the balance of our MLE this year. Catch is - you have to time it so you don’t cross the lux tax threshold this year so it’s later than the aforementioned date where we’d sign someone to a minimum deal.

7. Denovo

Denovo Member

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is just depressing at this point. Wasted the MLE holding out for guys and have a perfectly good young prospect who fits the team great just wasting away in the G League.

#48 J Sizzle, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    icewill36 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

He has Chris Paul which is good enough this year(at least for offense). Our second superstar when he is on the floor is enough and EG has been playing well too, that is enough.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its ridiculous man.
    enough for what ?

Denovo likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Enough to score on anyone.

12. Caprah

Caprah Member

Paul’s days as a superstar are long gone. He is at best suited to being a viable third option. Offense has been the second best thus far thanks to Hardens historic season.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

God man...I love Harden but its really annoying how some of you dudes just want to **** on the rest of our roster just to boost him up. Paul has been getting better every game and was our best player last game.

14. Caprah

Caprah Member

What are you ok? Who is boosting him up ? Telling the truth is boosting him up? Are you paranoid. The guy is having one of the best seasons in modern history.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Enough to score with the elite teams in a 7 game series? I think not. We have to depend on too many streaky players and the defense isn’t as good as last year to get us through cold streaks. James is going to get the business big time in the playoffs this year, meaning he isn’t going to get calls. The media and fans are all over him wanting him to fail. He has more pressure to win than Steph curry when he doesn’t have near the amount of help and it’s crazy. I’d say he has more pressure than any superstar right now. The front office keeps failing him though.

threepointshot3 likes this.
  16. Caprah

Caprah Member

This HP guy seems to get irritated at any positive harden feedback

threepointshot3 likes this.
  17. threepointshot3

He is a obnoxious little turd who nobody likes! All he does is try to create a Paul v harden flame war in every thread .

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

1 March is the last chance to see house thread here, if he don't sign the contract

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not saying that, IM saying we have ENOUGH help for Harden on offense. Good lord. The rest of our roster isnt garbage offensively like you think they are, thats all Im saying. Sheesh, dont understand nothing.

#59 HP3, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Go check my post history and get back to me,....good lord.
    Yes its enough, we have one of the best offensive ratings off all time..what???? Yea thats the problem the defense, people are going to miss shots,thats just wahts going to happens I knwo and I want him to suceed like crazy and dudes need to be better on defense cause Harden can do what he does for us offensively. I