1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Verizon 4g LTE For Home Use?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jonjon, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

I live in a “some-what rural” area and currently have DSL service powered by Verizon. Needless to say, I hate it. Entirely too slow and unstable. Comcast is available and I know they offer much better Internet service in all regards, but unfortunately they ran me off as a customer a while back.

FIOS isn’t available in my area and most likely will never come, and obviously (because I have Verizon DSL) Uverse won’t be a future option either.

Lately I’ve been wondering about possibly switching to Mobile Broadband, Verizon 4g LTE specifically. Using something similar to THIS to set up a home network. I believe that I am in the 4g LTE coverage area.

Has anyone else considered something similar or found a better solution? Thoughts?

2. DumDaDumDum

DumDaDumDum Member

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Is the Comcast service XFinity?

If so, bite the bullet imo.

If not, I agree with the move option.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yup, Comcast is going to be your best bet.