1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Venezuela v. Brazil

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 29, 2023.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

More background info:

4. basso

Supporting Member

it's also more than half the country, and has been "administered" by Guyana since the 19th century.

5. basso

Supporting Member

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If people don't know, Venezuela just had a "special ballot" to give them public approval to basically invade Guyana. There were like 4 or 5 questions, all aimed at rubber-stamping an invasion. Essentially nobody showed up and it is extremely well documented that nobody showed up, but the government faked election results to show that half the country voted and 95% if voters were in favor of invading Guyana.

basso likes this.
  7. basso

Supporting Member

8. basso

Supporting Member

9. basso

Supporting Member

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Get that oil! Oil and military industrial complex FTW

Nook likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Wut?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Venezuela was one of my favorite countries. It had problems even when I was a kid back in the 80’s but overall it was prosperous until that fat frog Hugo Chavez decided his ego was more important than his country and became a dictator. It is even worse with the fat idiot bus driver in charge now.
    It is too bad because 99% of the people are amazing, well educated and interested in being part of the world - but not so much now, these Venezuelans now line the street in Downtown Chicago selling candy and living in tents. These people are different - they are shell shocked, not as well educated and overwhelmed. All because of their dictator leaders. I have heard several men say that the quality of prostitutes in Chicago has greatly improved with the immigration of refugees. I don’t see how someone could exploit these women - but some men are disgusting.

Maduro has lasted longer than I expected, and I guess he feels taking part of another nation may firm up his support - which is very low.

Regardless- if things get better in Venezuela I suggest people visit. Solid food, nice beach life, beautiful women and great people.

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Venezuela or Columbia?

Whichever was happiest and safest for gringos at the time, go to that one.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve never been to Venezuela but would like to go sometime. It is a shame what has happened there but also another example of why I’ve come to distrust populist leaders both on the Left and the Right.

15. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Maduro just like the the fat boy with the bad haircut Kim are starving their people so that they can keep their military well fed for shenanigans like this.