1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vehicle Registration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Aug 9, 2020.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I have a car that hasn't had an inspection/registration for like 5 years. It wasn't running for a while, and I just got it running last year. I don't really drive it on roads (kind of just around the block, to keep it running).

Planned on getting it registered soon (having the air shocks fixed at the moment). Wonder what they'll say to me. I'm sure I'll have to go to the building.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

After you get the inspection, yeah you'll need to go in the tax building etc but as long as no tickets you should get it for 1 year and just state as much - have proof ready for any parts purchased, but they've never asked me. If you got a ticket over the 5 years for registration/inspection it can hurt the amount you'll pay since they make you sign a form stating you never got a ticket..

If you're worried about being ready and driving it on the roads you can get a day pass/month pass which always beats a ticket - and you can get them online too w/o needing to go there.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Uprising, Blake and Joshfast like this.
  4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Tried a couple of times the last couple of weeks, the wait times were insane at the places I went to in the Austin area.

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I actually did my inspection in November, and they never sent me the stupid sticker. Guess I need to call about that...

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’m at the Dealer right now. I was told I’m behind four cars in line with a 1:25 wait. How much is an inspect normally? I have a coupon for inspection for $10. I assume I’m saving at least $15-20 dollars because I had another coupon for one for $20. I went with the $10 one. Stupid is as stupid does, sir. My name is Forrest...Forrest Gump.

Edit: I passed and it really came out to $10. I saved $15! Woohoo! I told Mama we don't have to worry about money no more. You know...one less thing. ;)

Edit 2: THE NEW PHONEBOOK IS HERE!!!!

[​IMG]

#47 Surfguy, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  8. Surfguy

I finally got my registration sticker after I mailed in payment around 4/7...7 days before the 04/14 deadline for mail-in. It took 2 weeks for them to cash the check and received sticker 2 days later.

My original sticker expired on 05/20. The new sticker expires on 03/22. So, the expiration moved up 2 months. But, I only paid 1 registration fee for 2 years. I know people who didn't know about the moratorium and paid each year. In conclusion, people who did nothing during coronavirus and waited till the moratorium ended saved on fees by skipping one registration.

Not sure how that is fair but I'll take it! I was almost certain they were going to mail me a sticker that expires 05/21 and I would have had to re-up by end of 05/21 for a 05/22 sticker. Or, doubled the amount to make up for the missed fee due to moratorium.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So manny words.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'd rather pay $25 bucks with no line & go directly to Kroger to get the sticker. Total time about 30 minutes.

11. Surfguy

[​IMG]

KingCheetah likes this.