1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Van Horn to the Jazz?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Jun 6, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Apparently, according to the SLC Tribune, a trade has been discussed sending Marshall and Russell to get Van Horn back to Utah.

http://www.sltrib.com/06052001/Sports/103192.htm
    Jazz Show Interest in Van Horn
    Tuesday, June 5, 2001

BY STEVE LUHM
    THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

Starting what might be a busy offseason, the Jazz have discussed a possible trade with the New Jersey Nets that would bring ex-Ute All-American Keith Van Horn back to Utah, The Salt Lake Tribune learned.
    Van Horn, a power forward who was the No. 2 pick in the 1997 draft, averaged 17 points and 7.1 rebounds for the Nets this season -- his fourth in the NBA since he left the University of Utah, where his No. 44 is retired.
    Van Horn shot only 43.5 percent from the field, but he made 38.5 percent of his three-point attempts for the lowly Nets, who finished 26-56 and seem to be in a shake-up mode under second-year team president Rod Thorn.
    Reached in Chicago, where he is attending a pre-draft camp, Jazz executive Kevin O'Connor confirmed Utah's apparently long-standing interest in Van Horn.
    "We've had ongoing conversations with New Jersey for the last two years about Keith," O'Connor said. "It would be a natural fit for him here. . . . What we've told them all along is, 'If you ever consider moving him, we'd be interested in talking.' And we've had some conversations."
    O'Connor declined comment on a possible price tag for Van Horn, but Donyell Marshall and Bryon Russell have been mentioned in the talks, The Tribune learned. Both Jazz players will be free agents at the end of next season
    Russell, a guard-forward, and Marshall, a small forward, play the same positions as two young players considered future building blocks in Utah: 20-year-old DeShawn Stevenson and incoming rookie Andrei Kirilenko.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I heard about this last night . Van Horn for Marshall or Russell maybe both . Van Horn back in Utah could be good or bad for The Jazz and why would they give up Marshall when He's playing so well? If they can get rid of Russell and some one else for KVH I dont see a huge problem except he will have to play small forward .

------------------

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man Utah trying to get all the color out of
    the line up [oops sorry for the OFF COLOR
    JOKE *GRIN*]

Forreal though I like Van Horn but
    Marshall had hit a stide that I would not
    interfere with. Russel is good but replacable [mainly by Van Horn].

so in closing. . UTAH WHATEVER YOU DO
    MAKE SURE U TRADE MARSHALL AND F*CK UP WHAT
    LITTLE FUTURE YOU MAY HAVE

Rocket River

------------------

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I hope Utah makes this trade because it will make life easier for Houston in a couple years when Stockton and Malone finally retire.

------------------

5. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Man, he ain't lyin. All I've heard is "Once we get Kirilenko (SP?) in the lineup, we're going to be unstoppable..."

As far as Van Horn goes, I hope the deal goes through. Utah has been SO lucky (and part of it is conditioning, I understand) to never have a season affected by an injury or two. Trading Russell would be a good trade for them...trading Marshall would be a bad trade for them, IMHO.

That being said...I hope they trade Marshall. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Who's the russian guy, saw the russians play several times here DownUnder, they had some great young talent.

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

7. Kid Crawford

Kid Crawford Member

If they have to give up Russell to get Van-horn then i wouldn't do it

------------------
    PG- McGrady
    SG- Jones
    SF- Thomas
    PF- Brand
    C- O'neal

YOUR 2000-2001 CHICAGO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Guy Can Dream Cant He???

8. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Man, I sure hope they do that deal.

The Jazz will lose two guys who are either starters or player starter's minutes and put up starter's numbers, all for a guy who is one big lanky injury waiting to happen.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

moe,

Utah is vvvvvverrrrry big on the Russian kid.

------------------
    girl you looks good won't you mock that draft up?!

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think that's a good trade for both teams.

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    "Pre-born, you're fine, pre-school, you're f*****."-George Carlin