1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Boyd was held bad on that play. Boyd was in position to stop the TD if there wasn't such an egregious hold.

Offense and defense played pretty poorly all around. Let's not forget that the suspended players are partly responsible for giving OkSt a good start. I feel like if the officiating was more fair, we'd come out ahead barely. Refs were terrible overall, but I thought OkSt got the favor of the calls.

It hurts to lose, but at least there's something to lose instead of being yearly jokes. I don't think we're a top 10 team, but a solid top 25. Our record is way better than I expected the season to go.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

gucci888 and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  3. Hustle Town

"Please respect my decision"

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Acho is right but pretty unprofessional which is surprising for him. Not a good look for the program that is employing him. Herman needs to shut this crap down from both sides immediately.

5. Hustle Town

Pretty sure Acho works for ESPN and not for Texas (nor the LHN side of ESPN).

6. gucci888

Oh guess he left? Remember him doing game day commentating on LHN.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah he was right about Boyd
    But it looks bad when a former alumni does that

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#15 feels right for this team. They haven't blown out anyone (unless you count USC, but they were clearly not as good as they were ranked early on) and our competition is beating the doors off of teams we struggled to defeat (West Virginia vs. Baylor) even if our game scripts were a bit different than theirs. We have good wins and momentum. Beating OU and USC were huge victories for the program going forward and once Charlie's players are fully out, I feel like there could be something special. Kris Boyd's play has never been good enough to justify the way he runs his mouth.

Sucks that TCU lost to Kansas, though. Really devalues that win. Regardless, we still have a Big 12 title to play for and I think all of us would've taken that at the start of the season.

gucci888 and Hustle Town like this.
  9. Hustle Town

This is the right take on the situation. There are still holes, and we aren't "back" until we win 10 games in consecutive years. Assuming we keep building, we'll start to see this program beat the doors off of teams again. Right now, we should all be happy just to win games and be in the conference championship hunt. I still feel more concerned about the road game against Tech than the two home games against solid (or better) WVU and ISU. We'll find out soon enough how mature this team is.

10. Buck Turgidson

Boyd just had the worst game of his career.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we suck on the road

12. gucci888

Never understood some of the draft hype on Boyd. He played okay last season but has been a pretty mediocre CB overall IMO. Gives up a lot of big plays.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Why not both?

14. HTM

HTM Member

Playing on the road in college football/college basketball is very difficult. On the road is where the vast majority of "upsets" occur.

15. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

This loss doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would have. We looked like a team coming off a bye. However, like everybody else has said, I'm proud of the way our team fought back and showed their mental toughness. When we were down 31-28 with eleven or so minutes in the 4th I would have thought the came was ours. BJONES!!

Sam was dropping some dimes so glad to see his shoulder is ok and continued progress as a thrower. Big 12 ship is still in our sights. This slip up might just give us the edge we need to win the rest of our regular season games.

16. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

If anyone's interested in my tickets for this weekend's game against West Virginia shoot me a PM.

Section 2 Row 33 right on the 10 yard line. I'm local here in Houston and can meet up anytime before Saturday.

17. Buck Turgidson

Chris Nelson out with a sprained ankle. Not good for the DL, Gerald Wilbon (who has all of 6 tackles this year) and 2 guys who have yet to take a snap will be manning the middle of the line.

raining threes likes this.
  18. raining threes

19. Buck Turgidson

Welp, according to Craig Way a couple of minutes ago, both Nelson and Roach are "available" to play today. So there's that.