1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USMNT Friendlies

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Aug 28, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

ferrari77, I am saying this because vs. Mexico he played winger and mid exclusively way back, and what I had seen of him in FC Dallas and other teams was always MID... even here, from US Soccer:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash">#USMNT</a> lineup: Rimando; Birnbaum, Jones, Besler; Yedlin, Bradley, Dempsey (c), Diskerud, Shea; Altidore, Wood <a href="http://t.co/kjUFE4cHSp">pic.twitter.com/kjUFE4cHSp</a></p>&mdash; U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/560555068630380544">January 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So... :confused: are y'all short on defenders or some iSht?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got my Tix to USA vs Mexico

DD

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jones at CB is stupid. Only advantage to the 3-5-2 is Yedlin getting up into the attack.

4. SwoLy-D

Something happened there with Shea being LCB, replacing Besler almost the entire second half.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=261754 :eek:

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

In a 3-5-2, I can see what Jurgen is thinking. There's more man marking which is one of his strengths...but he was getting lost and watching the ball too much, playing more as a typical sweeper in a 4 back diamond. It wasn't his job to clean up for the outside backs and that caused the first goal from Chile. The back got beat and Jones left his man but got caught in nowhere land. The mids have to do better defensively, as well, closing the gap between the back 3 and themselves. It reminded me of 2010 when there would constantly be a 20-30 yard gap between the mids and the backs, allowing the other team free runs in the defensive third.

6. SwoLy-D

Don't know what a "closested" homosexual is, but... I'm not that NOR a homosexual, man. :)

*There. I answered your post. Click the arrow by your name in the quoted post and you shall be taken back to the thread where I can't answer your post. ;)

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Jurgen just chose not to call up or use some other natural fullbacks in MLS.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That corner kick goal by Bradley was beautiful!

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2 nice corners by Bradley. 2nd one puts the USMNT up 1-0!

Overall, the team still has issues keeping possession though.

10. desihooper

Supporting Member

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nacogdoches own Clint Dempsey goal.

Dos a cero

12. SwoLy-D

Good win. Congrats to y'all.

Why do they pull back and play no offense at all in the 2nd half? I know it's a win, OK, but... man, it gets so boring. I haven't seen other teams play like that. I know the fans were happy because of the score, ok, but... you don't have this luxury if it's a better team compared to Panama. :eek:

13. DaDakota

Yeah 2nd half was boring, I want to see that ball moving around and chances created.

Long way to go for the young guys.

DD

14. leroy

How about Wondo blowing yet another easy chance right in front of goal. Perfect ball from Shea and he whiffs. Not only that, he was a jackass the entirety of his time. I don't get why he gets called up. He should't be a part of the 2018 cycle.

I was impressed with Zardes and hope he gets more opportunities.

15. DaDakota

Seriously my 12 year old and I were laughing and he was like...yep...Belgium....

;)

DD

16. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash">#USMNT</a> Starters for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USAvDEN?src=hash">#USAvDEN</a>: Rimando; Chandler, Orozco, Brooks, Garza; Zardes, Bedoya, Bradley (c), Johnson; Altidore, Johannsson</p>&mdash; U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/580792632110006272">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. yo

yo Contributing Member

Another 2nd half collapse. All in the last 10 min. Jurgen just screwing around with lineups though...

18. solodolo

solodolo Member

If the game was a 70 minute game .. geez usa would be on top

19. desihooper

Supporting Member

Recurring theme to be sure.
    Gone from conceding early goals to conceding goals late. Not sure that is an improvement.

Brooks maybe should have headed in an equalizer there at the end though :mad:

20. leroy

Didn't watch yesterday. Heard the defensive problems were largely due to Chandler. I've never been impressed with him. Not sure if he's playing out of position or if he just isn't that good. Leaning towards the latter. Nice to see Jozy getting his confidence back. Saw the highlight of his goal. That was simply him overpowering 2 defenders.