1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[usatoday] Michael Vick: I'm ready to take reins as Eagles' starter again

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Oct 25, 2010.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Vick was a bit rusty. He threw at least 3 balls that should have been intercepted and continued to stay inbounds or upright instead of running out or sliding. Hopefully he gets those corrected next week in a big MNF game against Washington.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wish I could be so rusty, those balls were coming out like lasers

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think though overall he played a very impressive game..you expect those sort of things after coming back from an injury and being out what 4 weeks?

next monday night should be fun...McNabb against the Eagles again and Vick gets to try to go against the team that knocked him out

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vick is really fun to watch. his speed is definitely back.

6. Lil Pun

His accuracy wasn't really as on point as it has been, in terms of this season. I hadn't seen that many questionable throws from him to this point. I think he had as many yesterday as in all other games combined this season. Velocity was great though.

#46 Lil Pun, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

as much as he is fun to watch run, I love watching the ball come out his hands, its just like steve young only faster

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

ah, Ron Mexico is back!!!

it is fun to watch him...If only Kolb had his legs, the eagles would be unstoppable...

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they don't need Kolb

10. Lil Pun

Vick is the man! He has some tough matchups coming up though. Hopefully they're all as good as this. :grin:

11. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I love watching Vick right now, despite hating the Eagles. And he has been a fantasy savior for me, giving me a narrow victory tonight with SIXTY TWO POINTS in one of my leagues!! :eek:

12. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Hating the Eagles?
    E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

This is way, way more fun than those years of futility growing up. :grin:

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what a great story. good for him.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'll stop short of that....but. He looked unbelievable last night, and it's true that he NEVER looked this good as a Falcon.

Amazing display he put on last night.

And Skins fans have to be cutting themselves after the one two punch of McNabb's ridiculous extension followed by such an embarrassing drubbing. Division game too, that in all likelihood ended their playoff hopes.

15. Tizz

Tizz Member

Last night was probably his best game, but I wouldn't say he never looked this good as a falcon. He had some amazing games in Atlanta. People have short memories. Remember this run in overtime against the vikings?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFaPFXLK3ZE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFaPFXLK3ZE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Lil Pun

That was one play. He has always been an electrifying player, no doubt but what he did last night was something that has never been seen in a game before. In addition to his running abilities, he appears to be a much more complete quarterback. He has never looked this good as a Falcon quarterback.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Vick had a lot of good moments in Atlanta, but in Philly he is on another level. Last night was the best offensive performance I have ever watched in the NFL.

18. Tizz

Tizz Member

Unrelated, but I found this while looking at Vick Highlights. Look at this Beast.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZCyHy1CmSA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZCyHy1CmSA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

was that a techmo bowl game, how much of it is prison making him focus, and how much of it is good coaching

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you're absolutely right. i was critical of Vick as a complete QB when he was in ATL. but he's off the charts good right now. i'm really impressed. and happy that he's managed to turn himself around. i'm definitely a fan.