1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Schools cracking down on fan cursing

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yaozer, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2007-10-31-fan-behavior_N.htm

Your thoughts? I think they should keep the chants that has some cursing in them. These are college students not middle schoolers. They should be able to take it. The only thing they should crack down is when the fans yell profanity towards the opposing team's individual players IMO.

2. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Did he really need to research to figure this out?

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

lol true. But I think they have to at least make some kind of a research before giving out statements because then people will always say well "how does he know" and get all defensive. Even though it's obvious. People are stoopede.

4. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Give 'em hell!
    Give 'em hell!
    Make 'em eat shyte!

I doubt I'll stop anytime soon, it's just too catchy. :)

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Is that really what they say over at Austin? haha

6. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Yeeah. Is there a problem with that? :p

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

What about the whole "Texas fans make us proud, watch your language" campaign?

8. surrender

surrender Member

most of the fun at football games is viciously insulting opposing fans that somehow end up in your student section

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Has anyone figured out what this sentence means yet?

:confused:

10. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I shout "FU*K" every time Graham Harrell throws an INT (which unfortunately has been pretty regular over the past 2 games).

Without obsenities, how would one express anger? I don't know how I could function.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My mom never cussed when I was growing up, no matter how mad she got. I walked into the kitchen one day and saw her burn her entire hand on the stove. She yelled out, "FIDDLESTICKS!!!!". I said, aghast in horror, "Mother! I hope that's not the same mouth you use to suck Dad's ****!". *

* stolen from some comedian i can't remember. He was on that short-lived MTV series Austin Stories.

#11 Rocketman95, Nov 1, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  12. DreamRoxCoogFan

this is kinda ridiculous... u better not say sh*t to me when im cheering at a college football game, likesomeone already said- it comes with the territory.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

To me, it depends on who you're around. If you're in the student section, have at it. I don't scream "make 'em eat ****" anymore because there are kids around us many times.

Major's reading this and laughing about the '98 Nebraska game. Hey, I was only 22!!! :D