1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Up to $45 - Naked Juice Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by pugsly8422, Aug 27, 2013.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

If you're considering this, I'm SURE you've spent a lot of money on eligible Naked Juice between September 27, 2007 & August 19, 2013.

That said, if you don't have a receipt, you can get up to $45, none of us have receipts, so I won't even bother.

Claim Form due by December 17, 2013.

How much can I get?

If you do not have Proof of Purchase: If you purchased any of the products listed in response to Question 7 and do not have proof of your purchases, you may submit a Claim Form before the deadline and be eligible for the following:

IF YOU SPENT: You COULD RECEIVE A MAXIMUM OF:
    $45.01 or more $45.00
    $35.01 to $45.00 $35.00
    $25.01 to $35.00 $25.00
    $15.01 to $25.00 $15.00
    $10.01 to $15.00 $10.00
    $0.01 to $10.00 $5.00

Payment amounts will be adjusted to ensure that all eligible Class Members receive a payment, as follows: If the total value of all approved claims is greater than the amount of money available to pay claims (after costs and fees have been deducted), eligible Class Members' payments will be reduced on a pro rata basis.

The actual amount available for each eligible Class Member, whether or not proof of purchase is submitted with a Claim Form, will not be determined until after December 17, 2013 and all Claims Forms have been received, and may not be determined until after the Proposed Settlement is final. The values above ($75.00, $45.00, etc.) are the maximum amounts a Class Member could receive assuming there is no reduction in the value of the claims as explained above.

What is this lawsuit about?

This lawsuit is a combination of five separate class action lawsuits filed against Naked Juice. The consolidated lawsuit concerns claims that Naked Juice violated certain state and federal laws and consumer protection statutes in connection with the advertising, labeling, or marketing of the Eligible Products listed below in the response to Question 7 and arising out of or relating to the "100% Juice," "100% Fruit," "From Concentrate," "All Natural," "All Natural Fruit," "All Natural Fruit + Boosts," or "Non-GMO" (or Non-Genetically Modified Organism) statements, through any medium (on-label, internet or otherwise). The lawsuit claims that the Eligible Products contain ingredients that are not "All Natural" and contain GMOs (or Genetically Modified Organisms). Naked Juice denies all these claims. The Court in charge of this lawsuit is the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
    The consolidated class action lawsuit is called Pappas v. Naked Juice Co. of Glendora, Inc., Case No. LA CV 11-08276-JAK (PLAx).

1 person likes this.
  2. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I used to drink a couple of these a week up until a month ago when I got my own juicer. Now I make my own with fresh or frozen fruits instead, and add a whole bunch of good things in them that Naked never did.

3. joesr

joesr Member

Mmmm, Green Machine

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Won't so many people sign up for this that the amount actually received will be negligible?

5. The Boz

The Boz Member

Update! Received my settlement claims check in the mail today. A whopping $8.57

Think I will go buy a six pack of beer with it. Thanks pugsly8422.

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Yeah, thanks Pugs. I got my one and my wife got one for $8.57. I'll take it, its free dinero.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Missed this one.

Reminds me of the EA one where I got something like $25.