1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(unofficial) Texans at Chiefs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by XBLRocketman111, Aug 15, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, what I meant was maybe Arrowhead is only setup for one HD crew...seeing as how most regular season games are only broadcasted by one station. So the local broadcast in KC gets the HD feed and KTRK has to use SD.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gotcha. I'm still an HD newbie, only had it for a month. This will be my first football season with HD, so I'm a little excited!

Anyway, the 1st team offense sure looked good on that 94 yard TD drive. Granted, the Chiefs were 2-14 last year and adjusting to the 3-4, but it was great seeing what a healthy Chris Brown might do for this offense.

I still think he's going to get hurt before it's all said and done, but I hope I'm wrong. I watched him at Colorado and he was a load. Also, he ran in this offense in college, so he's used to the whole 'make one cut, then go' philosopy. PLEASE stay healthy this year, Chris.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I watched the game...but was a bit distracted throughout...

did Amobi play??? did he do anything of note?

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

it had to have been the rain and possibly nerves; i've heard nothing but superlatives about his arm in camp.

hopefully, we'll get a better idea next week inside the dome.

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Watching some of the highlights some more, a lot of Orlovsky's passes were required to be touch passes anyway (such as the one he completed to Dreessen). I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about.

He also may not have had the proper cleats for those conditions, while maybe Thigpen did.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To me, in conditions like the one the game was played in, the two positions that are the hardest to judge are QB and DB. For a QB, the rain wreaks all kinds of havoc on your footwork and the ball, and for a new QB like Dan O., that means making an unfamiliar situation even more uncomfortable. I wouldn't put much stock into the fact that his passes didn't have much zip on them.....we'll get a better gauge in dry weather next weekend. Also, don't forget that he's throwing to receivers who are also sliding around in the mud, so maybe he's putting the ball where he needs to, it's just that everyone out there is on a waterslide, so it doesn't look like it. For DB's, it's obvious that when you're running on a wet surface, you aren't going to be able to cut as well as normal, and when you don't know where the receiver is going, a split second of instability can lead to a huge play. I think we'll get a better feel of our players over the next two weekends.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

He played with the first string defense for about two series or so. No good tackles but some nice penetration and scared the QB and RBs into bad situations once or twice.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I thought I was going to be able to see the game since I was in Houston Saturday night, but had to eat at Taste of Texas.

Tried watching the highlights on nfl.com / texans site, but they suck. There is audio pbp for the Chiefs plays and dead silence for the Texans plays.

9. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I like Darnell Jenkens, and I'm ready to say bye-bye to Jacobi Jones.

Okam still tends to take plays off like in his days at Texas, but damn... you can see that BEAST potential in him when he goes all out.

Who's better at drafting, Morey and his staff or Smith and his staff? Pretty tough debate here. Barwin looks like a steal.

Chris Brown was easily the biggest subplot of the game. Everyone knows we can accumulate yards with ease, but in the red zone, we choke like dogs. A power running game led by Brown could change all of this. Please stay healthy!