1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unit to the Losers?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by desihooper, Jul 27, 2004.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mark Berman just reported that MLB sources say the team making a run at Randy is none other than the sCrUBS.

Arizona better be getting back some big time players... major league ready players!! God, I hope this doesn't happen. I'm one of those who still thinks the Astros have a run in them. BTW, the run has begun!!

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

wow.

If the Cubs land Johnson, then they end up with a sick rotation when everyone is healthy.

Johnson/Prior/Wood/Zambrano/Maddux or Clement

It would be hard to catch them for the WC.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

That would be a nasty staff. Maybe the best ever.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well, if the cubs made the playoffs and johnson, prior, and wood were all healthy, we could put the "curse" theory to the test once and for all. because only a curse could stop that rotation trio from winning the world series.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Do you really want to tempt fate? How much more proof do you need?

They were up 3 games to 1 in the NLCS last year, with Zambrano, Prior and Wood set to go, with two games at Wrigley... all against an NL wild-card team with marginal power, and only 1 lights-out starter.,

And... this was BEFORE the whole Bartman/8th inning meltdown.

There IS a curse... lets face it.... and enjoy it.

6. lalala902102001

If you watched game six of NLCS last year, you KNOW that there is a curse on the Cubbies. It was one of the most unbelievable baseball games that I ever watched.

I said before the season that the only team we need to worry about was the Cards because the Cubbies are, after all, the Cubbies. I think that they haven't had back-to-back winning seasons for a long time...and it's not going to change this year.

7. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Long live Cubs fans around the world! The most loyal band of hooligans around!

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That starting 5 would easily be the most dominant ever. Ridiculous.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Throw in Sosa's corked bat and you have all the trimmings. Only a curse could stop them.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not hearing any confirmation of this anywhere. I'm hearing that Unit is turning down opportunities to be traded to LA, though...saying it's New York only.

My bet is he'll still be a Diamondback at the end of the season.

11. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

he's going to the yankees...if anywhere...because the yankees are also going to take Alomar's contract

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There is a possiblity that, since the Yanks have nothing to give up in the way of prospects, it would be a 3 way deal with Pittsburgh. Pitt would send a prospect or 2 with Kris Benson to AZ, Unit to NY, and someone from NY to Pitt. This was being talked about on Dan Patrick earlier today.

13. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

They also said it would be a 3 way with the Padres too...with Finley going there, and Unit, Alomar and Mantei coming to NY and Zona getting a ton of kids

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bah, they're still the Cubs. They will find a way to screw it up.

[​IMG]