1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think we have Hannah to thank for that. She’s smart and she’s a Houstonian. But credit to Cal, because a lot of men with his wealth are “above it all”…I’ve worked for guys like that. Cal leans into it and seems to be having fun.

Around the time they introduced the team name and colors, Bob said something like, “the cowboys want to be America’s team…and we want to be Texas’ team!”

He missed the mark, and I felt that even then. It’s why I was hoping they’d be called the Apollos. Houston is culturally different from everywhere…even in its own state. It’s partly Texas and partly port city and partly NOLA and mostly fusion and I love it so much

#2981 MadMax, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  2. MadMax

Damn :)

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

[​IMG]

Damn.

I'm waiting for them to add a snapback version of this one.

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I was kind of more inferring the fans who can’t get over the “Luv Ya Blue” Oilers. It’s not hard to imagine some of those fans who are’s still buying Houston Oilers gear may buy less and start buying more “HTown Blue” Texans gear.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Agree on the Apollos. Honestly I don’t really care about the blue color as much as some. I’m more pissed we lost the “oilers” name. Such a perfect name representing the city. I was in favor of Apollos to be part of the Houston space theme. But we went Texans I guess.

red5rocket, kdchilds and MadMax like this.
  6. MadMax

yep..I guess too...but now I feel like, "**** 'em we're the Texans...let's go finish what they never finished."

7. MadMax

the good news for the titans is that even if you're right, all that money goes into one pot that's split 32 ways. they wouldn't get more if you bought a titans shirt in Houston tonight.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. MadMax

old man here waiting for that 47 brand cleanup version of this...or maybe the lighter blue we'll see

EDIT: i just looked online..yeah, i'm waiting for the 47 brand hat that is all in that light blue with the dark blue logo accented with red....it's gonna happen :)

Buck Turgidson, ROCKSS and Uprising like this.
  9. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

I’m in love with these things now they have an appeal

ROCKSS, Blatz and red5rocket like this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like the exact one I bought. Can’t wait until it gets here.

Rvo384 likes this.
  11. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

They got them on lids currently

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm liking them more and more

ROCKSS and Rvo384 like this.
  13. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I really don't think Amy Stank or anyone over there has any worries about their merchandising sales. It's sour grapes is all.

They never really wanted to leave Houston. Their timing for their stadium request couldn't have been more awful. Then after leaving we pony up for a stadium a few years later and this new franchise is one of the league's most valuable properties while they're middling at best.

She's jealous and angry.

I don't think it's more complicated than that.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

The laundry will not make us winners or losers. Winning makes the laundry look better and losing makes the laundry look worse. I realize this post is 10 years old, but the truth doesn't change.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cease and desist! Cease and desist!

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's infuriating when you see that side by side.

Makes me hate the Titans... If I didn't before. I hope the rest of the league sees The Adams Family for what they are.

We all said it all along, how can the NFL let the Titans dictate that color, but not the Lions or the panthers? It's a slap in the face. Someday, either when she dies, sells the team, or the NFL just realizes how ridiculous it is, I think we'll see more use of that color.

Hell, someone should post that side by side in a change.org petition. I bet almost every NFL fan would sign it. All of them except for Titans fans. And there's not that many of them, based off of trips through Tennessee.

Blatz, conquistador#11 and Red.Glare like this.
  17. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

We are going to see more of it soon.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

I'd like to see them lean more into red, but I'd like to see that color switch places with deep steel blue.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Agreed, the RED is so nice and they look great with the white pants, white socks, white shoes....classy and so different. The H town throwbacks are growing on me after a few days and I must say I am loving them now

20. Two Sandwiches

Here we go.

Fun little petition. Feel free to post it on other forums. The more, the merrier. Hell, tag Cal on reddit, if you want.

https://chng.it/GxgFNxrckW

#3000 Two Sandwiches, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024