1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unfit for Command? New anti-kerry ad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Typical giddyup response. "I'm just repeating what I heard", blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes: At least be a man and stand by your opinions. Where did you hear this, by the way? Your friend who was a neighbor of John Edwards?

I'm sorry that you and others feel the need to disparage, question, or diminish what Kerry has done. There is no questioning the fact that he volunteered for Vietnam (when there's no doubt he could've gone the road of W. Bush, Cheney, Clinton, et al.) while our President did not. I'm not obsessed with some lost weekend, I'm not obsessed with anything. Please point out where I've even mentioned it, much less more than once...I don't think I ever have. I just like to remind those who disrespect Senator Kerry that the guy they're supporting didn't even volunteer to go over there.

On the other dribblings, I have no feelings of self-importance here. In case you forgot, this is an internet message board. We come here to post opinions. My opinion is that I've lost respect for some on here (and in real life) because of their questioning a person's time in Vietnam when the person they're supporting didn't even volunteer to go. If you don't want to read my opinions, put me on ignore. I'm sure as hell not going to stop giving them.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You know, I think it's time we went on the offensive. Instead of answering questions (unlike our counterparts who use answers like "youthful indiscretions") we should start threads on all the questionable stuff in Bush's past. I know we bring em up, but we don't give em their own threads and that's what they need. I gurantee we'll only see answers like "the past shouldn't matter" and "he was young, give him a break, I didn't grow up til I was 45." We'll also get gems like "Bush doesn't talk about his time when he was AWOL, so why should it be an issue?" Let's not forget about Cheney and how Hailliburton got fined recently for actions when he was in charge. Oh, and let's not forget about Laura plowing her pink cadillac into some innocent teenagers car and killing him and how she got away without even a slap on the wrist.

Or, we can keep our high standards and continue to talk about the issues. Sure, we'll never get any real debate as issue threads get "why didn't Clinton...." responses, but that's the game. As always, nobody can defend Bush.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm not talking about quantity, i'm talking aboiut emphasis.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Then prove that, stop trying to get out of it.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Horse pucky. What we're seeing here is a concious decision on behalf of the Bush folks to smear Kerry and it has nothing to do with what Kerry's doing... Wait, I take that back because if he wasn't mentioning Vietnam, the Bushies would have him in a gay pride parade hosted by the Kremlin and supported by Al-Q.

Did you read the post about GHWB? Think back to 1992... I think the way Kerry and GHWB have used their service is very similar, but because of the difference in the opposition, we get the smears now.

6. rimrocker

7. basso

Supporting Member

prove what? all you had to do was watch his speech to the DNC.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Did I miss something? That is posted after I raised the question.

9. basso

Supporting Member

uhm, no. kerry's entire raison d'etre as a candidate is his service in vietnam. i was never entirely sure what GHWB's reasons for running were, other than it just seemed like the next thing. i think he was a fair-to-partyly-cloudy president, better than dukakis would've been, but he deserved to lose to clinton in '92. kerry's case is utterly, completely different. as a strategy, it may suceed, but he can't be surpirsed that the opposition (not the bush campaign, the blogosphere, etc.) are focusing on it.

10. giddyup

I heard the O'Neal fellow (who appeared on Dick Cavett with Kerry back in the early 70's) say that he was an Edwards supporter-- not a Bush supporter.

11. rimrocker

That's a bit odd considering that since 1990 he's only given money to Republicans...

http://mediamatters.org/items/printable/200408120012

12. giddyup

Originally posted by Rocketman95

Typical giddyup response. "I'm just repeating what I heard", blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes: At least be a man and stand by your opinions.

<b>When I give my opinions I will stand by them. When I report what I heard and ask questions.... those are not my opinions. Shall I run through that again?</b>

Where did you hear this, by the way? Your friend who was a neighbor of John Edwards?

<b>No. I heard it on TV or radio; I'm not sure of the source. Why do you disparage that? Do you not think it possible that Edwards has a neighbor and a friend of mine might be a friend of that neighbor?</b>

I'm sorry that you and others feel the need to disparage, question, or diminish what Kerry has done. There is no questioning the fact that he volunteered for Vietnam (when there's no doubt he could've gone the road of W. Bush, Cheney, Clinton, et al.) while our President did not. I'm not obsessed with some lost weekend, I'm not obsessed with anything. Please point out where I've even mentioned it, much less more than once...I don't think I ever have. I just like to remind those who disrespect Senator Kerry that the guy they're supporting didn't even volunteer to go over there.

<b>You do nothing but disparage Bush. You mock and ridicule him constantly. I don't have the time to go through and dig up your postings to show you a pattern. It is patently absurd that you deny that.</b>

On the other dribblings, I have no feelings of self-importance here. In case you forgot, this is an internet message board. We come here to post opinions. My opinion is that I've lost respect for some on here (and in real life) because of their questioning a person's time in Vietnam when the person they're supporting didn't even volunteer to go. If you don't want to read my opinions, put me on ignore. I'm sure as hell not going to stop giving them.

<b>Yes, we come here to post opinions... opinions about topics of general interest. The group here doesn't come here to read your opinions about other posters. If you want to defame me, do so in a thread of it's own so those who don't want to read it can just skip it. That's the way it works.

You are completely unaware how often you personally attack people through this board. I've been on your bad side at least 3 different times. Please stop taking this all so personally and lashing out and making judgements about people who don't agree with you.</b>

13. giddyup

14. rimrocker

e-mail from Heritage Foundation's TownHall...

Time is short, so I'll get straight to the point: on my desk at this very moment is a book with the potential, on its own, to stop John Kerry from becoming President of the United States.

My name is Tom Winter, editor-in-chief of HUMAN EVENTS. As you probably know, John Kerry rose to fame as a Vietnam War protester. But in recent years he has flipped that perception, remaking himself as a proud Vietnam veteran and war hero.

In UNFIT FOR COMMAND, John O'Neill (who succeeded Kerry as commander of Swift Boat PCF 94 in Vietnam) and co-author Jerry Corsi reveal that Kerry's "war hero" image is one of the most elaborate frauds ever to be foisted on the American public. They also show why Kerry's real record demonstrates that he is grossly unfit to be Commander-in-Chief.

Based on detailed interviews with Swift Boat veterans who served in Vietnam with John Kerry, UNFIT FOR COMMAND -- [. . .] -- gives you news-breaking revelations such as:

The facts about all of Kerry's Purple Hearts, none of which were awarded for serious injuries

How two of John Kerry's three Purple Hearts resulted from self-inflicted wounds – one of them so small it was treated with a standard bandaid

Proof that Kerry lied about his "rescue" of a Swift Boat crewman -- the act for which he received a Bronze Star -- which did not, as he falsely claimed, take place under fire

How Kerry spent much of his time in Vietnam filming himself in scenarios carefully designed to look dangerous

How Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and a small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of "heroism" by filing a false report

The gunner's mate who sat behind and above Kerry for most of his Vietnam stay: why he came to regard Kerry as incompetent and dishonest

Why Swift Boat personnel, fed-up with his reckless behavior, asked Kerry to go home after he had served just four months in Vietnam

How John Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter

But that's just for starters. UNFIT FOR COMMAND also reveals Kerry's notorious un-American activities as spokesman for Vietnam Veterans Against the War -- and much more that establishes beyond all doubt that Kerry is truly unfit to be President, including:

War hero? Yes -- to the Communists! Why Kerry's photo was found in the "Heroes of the Vietnamese Resistance" section of a war museum in Communist Vietnam

Kerry's accusations of war crimes by Americans in Vietnam: how they relied on veteran impersonators who concocted incidents that were exaggerations or pure fabrications

Kerry's says he confronted superiors with objections to military policies that he felt were inappropriate. Here’s proof that these conversations never took place

How as a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, John Kerry attended a meeting where plans were discussed to assassinate prominent United States Senators who supported the war

How Kerry met secretly with Communist delegates at the Paris Peace Conference during the Vietnam War, and why some believe he violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice and federal law.

UNFIT FOR COMMAND will be a crucial weapon in the battle to prevent a Kerry victory in November. It will go on sale in bookstores next month.

[. . .] Who made it virtually impossible for the FBI to check the backgrounds of Middle Eastern men in U.S. flight schools before 9/11? LIBERALS! The FBI was hamstrung by fear of a politically correct backlash from civil liberties absolutists, ethnic lobbyists and, of course, liberal editorialists and TV newscasters.

[. . .] When patriotic Americans learn the facts in UNFIT FOR COMMAND, they will return this self-serving liar to private life this November. Nothing less than our survival as a nation could hang in the balance.

Sincerely,Thomas S. Winter
    President and Editor in Chief

This is beyond the pale and some of the same type of stuff that was thrown at Clinton. They are striking at Kerry's legitimacy and in so doing, diminish us all. Also, what is some nut going to think about this? If you really believed all this... Kerry plotted to kill Senators... ugh... wouldn't you do everything possible to make sure Kerry doesn't reach the presidency? And don't tell me people don't believe this crap... that's why they do it... people believe it. And when Kerry wins, it will just get worse.

These people are so consumed by their hold on power they would damage the American fabric. I'm disgusted.

I guess the list of stuff is what we'll have to deal with between now and Nov. 2 as they trickle 'em out one by one. Desperation is evident.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I never said I didn't post bad things about Bush, I was referring to your assertion that I was obsessed with a lost weekend. I'm not.

As for the rest, eh.

16. giddyup

Such a thoughtful response... I appreciate your honesty. :)

It kind of proves my point.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm sorry if you think I engage in personal attacks all the time. I don't mean to, I just say what's on my mind, which is what pretty much everyone else here does. I'm no worse or better than most.

18. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

Since when did going to war even affect the presidency? Look at the darling of the democrats, Clinton. He didn't even join the national guard. Instead, Clinton p***y footed it to Canada.

This just goes to show that overall your war-time status doesn't mean anything. The ability to supposedly command a swift boat in a war and making all the decisions of a war is not even comparable.

John Kerry is crazy anyways. Who ever heard of a sensitive war? A SENSITIVE WAR?! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

Clinton went to England not Canada.

20. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member